1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

(Question) Newcomer Question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Stephen Wallace, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Stephen Wallace

Stephen Wallace Visitor

Feb 26, 2013

Going straight to the point, I'd like to inquire about how Siege has fared of late, in terms of people still playing in the shard and so on.

This being 2014, it ought to be common sense to everybody that UO, in spite of everything it was and continues to represent to many of us to date, is not exactly being flooded by newcomers any longer. I'm considering making a come back to UO, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

I tried Siege briefly last year, when I had an active account, but most of what I did was wander around aimlessly and talk to the occasional by-passer. I wasn't exactly motivated at the time, so I never gave the idea of settling down in the shard a second thought.

My relationship with UO is what I would call bittersweet. This is due to the fact that, as much as I have been in love with the game for many years, the first time I actually had a chance to experience UO in OSI was during the previous year. I was introduced to UO by some friends when I was a teenager, who themselves had never tried playing in the original servers. When I did try it in OSI, I realised that UO in much more than any of what is offered in free shards.

My only concern right now is this: should I decide to make a 'comeback' - more like a start, to be honest - will I find a big enough community on Siege, which will make my time playing UO again worthwhile?

Many thanks in advance!
  2. the_gooch

the_gooch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 4, 2005
    Im also a returning player and decided to make my come back on Siege and I honestly think if youre looking for a comeback or just a restart in general Siege is the only place to be.
    startle, Kat, Spiffykeen and 2 others like this.
  3. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

Dec 19, 2007
    Hail and well met! I am a 15 year UO vet and came to siege a few years ago. I love it here!! there is no other shard id rather be! it is a challenge and competive at times but the community is great and there is a ton of fun to be had no matter what your template or play style. jump on in the water is fine. seek out the guild NEW2 and they will help you get started. I look forward to seeing you in game!
  4. Dacatge

Dacatge Adventurer

Sep 16, 2012
    Ahoy!! Ye be looking into the wonders of siege. we do have a larger community then most, but the rule set keeps most from just being in the open. I hope you do comeback and start over.
  5. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

May 12, 2008
    Siege has been the only shard for me for 7 years. Back then it was active and we had an amazing player based economy. I think we may be approaching that again, so hoping you give us a shot. If ya need any help getting started, give us a shout.
  6. York_Siege

York_Siege Seasoned Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Siege is a good place for returning players that are looking for something slightly different with the benefits of being professional set up. I'm sure after playing free serve you understand what that means more than most. I hope to see you in game soon.