1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] Newibie Questions about Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Client UI Manual V.1

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by athos_uo, Nov 30, 2009.

1. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Could someone please answer my primitive questions?

There is Custom_UI_Documentation.zip file now in \UserInterface directory.

I have extractied this file and followed instructions of the documentation, but I have failed at the first step.

SampleWindow won't come up.

I have added "<Include file="Source/SampleWindow.xml" />" to \UserInterface\test\Interface.xml.
    I have added "CreateWindow( "SampleWindow", false )" to \UserInterface\test\Interface.lua.

I have created "SampleWindow.xml" in \UserInterface\test\Source as instructed.
    I have created "SampleWindow.lua" in \UserInterface\test\Source as instructed.

I have typed on console: "/script WindowSetShowing("SampleWindow", true).

But nothing happened.

I have called debugwindow, set Logs(On) and Reload UI.

I could find some errors about UI:
    [09/12/01][09:55:32] [Error]: Script Call failed - Error while calling [SampleWindow.Shutdown]:
    [string "UserInterface/test/Source/SampleWindow.lua"]:12: attempt to call field 'SaveSettings' (a nil value)
    [09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentBackground: Template HUDBackgroundBlack not found
    [09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentTitleBar: Template DefaultWindowTitleBar not found
    [09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentClose: Template DefaultWindowCloseButton not found
    [09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Error Loading XML Definition $parentBottomFrame: Template DefaultWindowResizeBottomFrame not found
    [09/12/01][09:55:33] [Error]: Script Call failed - Error while calling [SampleWindow.Initialize]:
    [string "UserInterface/test/Source/SampleWindow.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'LoadSettings' (a nil value)

What is wrong?

2. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The lines in Initialize and Shutdown are not valid for the EC client.

Use...
    Code:
    WindowUtils.RestoreWindowPosition( "SampleWindow" )
    and
    Code:
    WindowUtils.SaveWindowPosition( "SampleWindow" )
    instead.

3. athos_uo

Stratics Veteran

Oh, thanks! Hmm, I see, WindowUtil.lua includes various functions about handling windows. WindosUtil.lua of now doesn't have functions of WindowUtils.LoadSetting() or WindowUtils.SaveSettings() and they are substituted with their successors....

* I thought of one thing and went to sub-PC and read the old manual for KR *

Boo, it can't be, perhaps the new manual is the same as that of KR?

4. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The KR client actually never had the SaveSettings and LoadSettings calls either. The manual is a mix of KR/EC stuff and WAR client stuff. Most of it is valid for all three clients, but some of it isn't appropriate for the EC.

5. athos_uo

Stratics Veteran

Thanks again!

I feel this is the first time that I really know when I should say "Oh, my God".

I hope that this client will be not mere mixture of useful functions, but made synthetically under some good principles suitable for UO.