1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] 500M+ Gold Contest - Return To West Britain Bank - Updated May 9th

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Andrasta, May 7, 2009.

1. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

500M+ Gold Contest
    Return To West Britain Bank
    Updated: May 09th

Note: This post will be updated based on feedback. As such, rules and rewards are not frozen till start of the event.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Ever wished that you could get paid for bank sitting? Well, now you might just be able to! Read on..

The contest will span over four weeks starting 12th of May till 2nd of June on Atlantic shard. Players from other shards are most welcome.

Contest Rewards

Individual contest rewards
    * 1st rank winner = 50M gold
    * 5th rank winner = 30M gold
    * 10th rank winner = 20M gold
    * 15th rank winner = 10M gold
    * 80th percentile rank winner = Royal Guard Investigator Cloak (+20 stealth) - 200M-400 Million gold value

Guild/Alliance contest rewards
    * 1st place winner = 30M gold - will be rewarded to alliance leader
    * The winning guild/alliance members will receive an additional benefit such that if any of its members are within +/- 5 range of 80th percentile rank, then they will win the Royal Guard Investigator prize.
    * The second guild/alliance members will receive an additional benefit such that if any of its members are within +/- 4 range of 80th percentile rank, then they will win the Royal Guard Investigator prize.
    * The third guild/alliance members will receive an additional benefit such that if any of its members are within +/- 3 range of 80th percentile rank, then they will win the Royal Guard Investigator prize. Members of higher ranked guild will have precedent.

Anyone wishing to donate gold towards the purse, please send me a PM.

Contest Rules

So, how will this contest actually work - you might be wondering? Well, it is fairly straight forward:

During the four week period, I will be randomly visiting West Britain Bank at different times during the day. At this point, I will do all names and take a screen shot around the bank. Points will be rewarded based on your presence, as follows:

Individual points

1) If your name is present in the screen shot, you will get one point and an entry will be made for your character in my logs.
    2) If you have text over your head (implying that you are actually present), you will get an additional point.
    3) If you are gating to some place in the screen shot, you will get an additional point.
    4) If you are providing services of Pet Resurrection, you will get an additional point.

At the end of the contest, all the points will be summed up to the best of my ability.

Guild/Alliance points

1) Along with player names, there will be a compilation of points for guilds. All guilds that are part of the same alliance will count as a same entity unless a guild specifically requests to opt out. The guild/alliance score will be calculated by summing up the number of points earned by each member.

At end of the 4 week period, I will compile the points.. at which point the winners will receive the rewards.

Additional Notes
    1) It is recommended that you have your guild tag on, if you are in a guild.
    2) It is recommended that you make up a random guild and keep your guild tag on, if you are not in a guild.
    3) There is definitely chance for error in the format.. but.. OH WELL!
    4) Yes, you can get a point for being AFK. I encourage people to go AFK at Brit bank.. It is the best way to win some of the rewards!
    5) I will be visiting at all times of day.. even in middle of night.. (points to note #4)
    6) Attempts at being seriously cheeky could qualify you for a disqualification.
    7) If you are concerned about your identity being stolen, then see note #1 and #2.

Sponsorship/Feedback/Assistance

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to make them in this thread. Random whines are welcome too as it will bump the post!

As indicated earlier, if anyone wants to donate gold (not looking for anything else) to make this even more attractive.. my ICQ is in my signature. If you don't have any gold but would like to still help then spam Luna Bank with books of this contest or gate to WBB from Luna bank during this period.

*This event is sponsored by Columbus Atlantic Player Event Fund*

Other Charity Donations (so far):
    1) Vladimir will drop at least 20M+ gold in checks during the 4 weeks at random times.
    2) Athelas (Treasure Trove Mall) is donating 20M gold towards the final prize
    3) Anonymous donation made of 2M gold (Added to 15th list reward)

Update Center
    1) Updated rewards
    2) updated rule regarding guilds to reflect alliances
    3) Changed the post to make it easier to read
    4) Added a new reward for guild contest
    5) Royal Guard Investigator reward bracket is tuned a little bit to be more flexible as I have no idea what the turnout will be like.
    6) Further incentives for guild/alliance participation
    7) Added pet resurrection bonus

Submitted by Tomas Bryce

[Treasure Trove] Mall & Museum [Atlantic] - ICQ 43848609

2. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

I think this is a great idea. :thumbsup:

3. Mirage

Mirage Guest

It won't bring people back to Brit permanently. LOL When the gold is gone..so are they. :--)

mir

4. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

5. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Ok. Whilst I applaud the generosity and creativity of the organiser(s) which are highly laudable things, and I detest Luna as much as anybody, and I do hate to widdle on anyone's parade but... bring people back to WBB ? Honestly ? I know the area's desertion is mostly due to the recent story/invasion arc, but does anyone remember just how crowded/spammy/annoying/a total eyesore Atlantic's WBB was in its heyday ? Just as dreadful as Luna at its worst. Maybe I am speaking as a long term rabid antibanksitter, but you want to bring all that back.... ? * le sigh*

6. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

You make a point, but it brings back fond memories of getting almost everything and anything at the WBB(which was a lot less then now), in fact it was the only place you could get stuff. I miss seeing tamers have horses and big birds lined for your picking, or having to wait in line at the Forge to get your gear repaired, heck I miss having it ripped off! Gawd I remember scoring a silver cutless of ruin for 20k(a lot of money back then) and taking my revenge against those damn Liches for once. I fondly remember thinking I was big **** for making 50k in gold a 12hr day. Sorry I am going on and on.

So you are right, but its still WBB and deserves some level of honor. I think this is a great idea, although I am a Glow citizen myself.

7. Stuffa

Stuffa Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

1.) For the organisers... this would surely end up becoming horrifically repetitive and boring for them lol. So good effort if you keep it up.

2.) Tazar! Brit Coalition must win! lol

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

But Sir! The contest grades by guild tag and not alliance tag! I'd say this is a time when Stuffa is needed in Sosaria!!! :p

Also... I think he put in the "Additional Notes #6 just for you and me... lol

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Show me the money!

10. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Nay, by alliance (yes I am a sucker for hard work) - unless a guild requests to opt out. Read the new rules, silly man!

Perhaps, Stuffa will be more inclined to return if you show your mettle by winning the contest for the alliance *teases*

11. Stuffa

Stuffa Crazed Zealot

I dunno... showing me his mettle may be a bit obscene :danceb:

12. Stuffa

Stuffa Crazed Zealot

That just didn't really work

13. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

well it seems to work all right :)

this is this morning 2.5 hours before server down

[​IMG]

14. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

*looks... think it looks just like Luna only with grass and boats...fades back to Dagger Isle*

15. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

One taken during prime time :)

[​IMG]

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!