1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] A Busy Week

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Aalia, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 13, 2003
    Not only the beta key competition, but also our regular weekly site update.

This weeks new and updated items include:

A table of Magic Effects

Updated Magic Item Properties

Updated, Slayer Properties information. Thanks Stupid Miner.

New The Samurai Thanks again Stupid Miner, and Ravenspyre.

For the music lovers, Azural Kane's UO Juke Box

Updated Shipborne Travel and Adventure Thank you Stupid Miner

Have we inspired you to join in yet? Please send submissions to [email protected], [email protected], or send a pm to Petra Fyde.

2. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Very good but:

Magic item properties:

1) should include clothing/hats/glasses/artifacts in the lists
    1a) and/or include a column with the artifacts that go above/beyond normal caps
    2) Mage Weapon - exceptions include staff of power (-15), staff of the magi (-0), staff of pyros (-0), I seem to recall another but it is escaping me
    3) "random summoner" the description is misleading -- it is a random creature summoned, not a named creature.
    4) self repair -- according to UO there is a chance the item will regain durability when it takes damage, in the amount of the SR. I don't think they ever told us what the chance is (I assume 50/50).
    5) skill bonus -- various artifacts and craftables have skill bonuses, should be noted (spell woven britches, singing axe,melisande's hatchet,etc)
    6) slayer -- for talimans, it adds the percentage listed, not double damage
    7) UBWS - should state that bows/archery are not applicable to this property
    8) Velocity -- according to the site, it is # tiles X 3 in physical, max of 30 points extra damage
  3. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Question, is stratics also hosting a contest for a beta key? and if so can we get a link?

EDIT: found it, Petra aparently knew I would ask.
  4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

1, 2, 5) Artifacts (and special craftables) by their nature tend to spawn with properties that break the normal item property rules, if we listed every single exception we would have to list Most of all the artifacts available, it'd be redundant with the artifact page.

3) Yea, that could be clearer

6) you're thinking of the % killer property which is also listed on the page.

7) It does, should change that soon

8) Will check to verify that and add it if needed.

Thanks for the constructive criticisms though. :)
    Petra's pretty set on getting this site updated and any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
  5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    oki, thanks. I think I got a bit carried away making that. The top description does say 'normally spawning/crafted items' I should probably make a separate linked page for special cases like mark of travesty, staff of magi, song woven mantle etc.
    I just found myself a whole load more work to do didn't I? :(
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!