1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News] An Interview with JP "GrimmOmen" Harrod

Discussion in 'UO Developer Feed' started by UODevTracker, Feb 25, 2010.

1. UODevTracker

UODevTracker Guest

2. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Heheh. They did/do. Mythic's been great.

-Grimm

3. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Circlets? Really? I know, and actually I've heard of that before. I'll add to my list "Figure something out about circlets." Although I suspect I'll just be adding a headache for the designers.

As for race related versions of the crimson, etc. That's an interesting idea, originally, we were of the opinion that players would want to see the same crimson on the elf that they loved on the human... Well, I'll give this to the squirrel in my head to play with. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for the Gargs, well, just hang tight!

-Grimm

4. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

I totally agree.

-Grimm

5. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Hahah, welcome to our world Zym!!! I don't want to compress my images either, but unfortunately graphics cards have a tendency to explode when you shove the amount of data required to draw UO in an uncompressed format down their throat.

-Grimm

6. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Thanks for the compliments on the UOKR animation set. Allowing players the option of downloading those high resolution animation is something that's on the list of stuff we'd like to do. There are a lot of considerations that have to be made (nothing's ever easy, is it?) about what this means to development, but thanks for weighing in on the topic.

-Grimm

7. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

LOL - You'll always be Chaotic Good to me.

And yes, Airmid did a terrific job with the questions! I really enjoyed answering them.

-Grimm

8. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Well, in theory, yes. It gets complicated given the fact that we have the original UO client, and the EC client. Both of these clients have 2 different processes (necessary because the technology is so different). The addition of a pure 3d Client is a daunting prospect indeed given that how 3d Assets and pipelines are managed would necessitate a 3rd process. While this doesn't make the prospect impossible, it is quite a hurdle. And the idea of supporting 3 pipelines makes my eye mist up a bit.

-Grimm

9. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

*bites his tongue*

10. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

LOL...

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that when I say stuff like, "I'll add this to my list" or "Hang tight" or "I'll give this to the squirrel in my head to play with" I just mean that I've heard you and to please be patient and that I'm making mental notes to bring up in future discussions, not that I'm putting these on any "official board" or actually giving the ideas to any of the squirrels currently living in my skull. But FYI, I'm generally good about remembering them when the opportunity arises.

... in case there were any misunderstandings.
    ... and please do not email the squirrels in my head.

-Grimm

11. TheGrimmOmen

TheGrimmOmen UO Legend

Ah! Thanks! I meant EC... (corrections made)