1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Bank Renovation Results - Vladimir for the Win!

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Andrasta, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

Bank Renovation Results

Chrissay Zeeman ~ 20 Feb 2009 13:22:11 EST

We would like to thank everyone for submitting their entries to the West Brit Bank Renovation contest. Judging was very difficult as we had so many great entries. As much as we would have liked to use all of the submitted designs, we are only able to place one on each shard. Our thanks and kudos to everyone who submitted an entry. Congratulations to the following winners:

Shard Player

Atlantic: Vladimir
    Baja: Arlon Elanesse
    Catskills: Sweety
    Chesapeake: Gareth
    Drachenfels: Thenon
    Europa: Slugmaster
    Formosa: La Chocolaterie
    Great Lakes: Cocopuff
    Lake Austin: Bliss Marie
    Lake Superior: Stupid Miner
    Legends: Devils own (2nd
    Napa Valley: Maiden Millie
    Oceania: MissEcho3
    Pacific: Red Riding Hood
    Siege: Ikichet
    Sonoma: Drakelord

Congratulations to all of the winners!

We will provide screen shots of the designs once they are placed on each shard. We hope to have all of the designs placed on each of the shards within the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone who submitted their entries.

I met a very pale soul at a recent event who invited me to a tour of some pretty fabulously decorated homes. My pale friend turned out to be Valdimir of some renown as a decor master and they were his homes. He showed to me his scrolls and plans for the Britain bank contest and we spoke about whether or not it would be prudent to share it before the winners were announced.

He also spoke of a long journey that he might have to take in the near future. I asked if we could do an interview and tour of his fine homes when he returned. So it is possible that more than a few hours may pass before Vladimir is able to communicate with us again.

Part of me wishes to wait and let him share his designs himself and part of me would like to post a spoiler to the scribes for mass distribution.

*Ponders what to do*

Congratulations Lord Valdimir ... Good Job... I'll catch you soon for that interview!

Andrasta
    Atlantic Reporter
    GRL

2. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats Vlad. I don't particularly care for the roof design, but if I wanted to compete, I should have entered right? :)

Nice touch with the hedges outside.

3. Mirage

Mirage Guest

Heh, hehe...same here...kinda weird having a stream on the roof...but at least he participated, and anything is better then what we have now.

Mir

4. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats Vlad.

But I gotta say, I am also not feeling the roof design. Water on roof is so overdone in house customizations. The roof of the Brit bank need not look like yet another customized house. I am really sorry for saying this but I am very disappointed with this design winning. At least there is a gate though.

Perhaps, it will look better when in game instead of on a screenshot. Once again, I do not mean to offend.

5. Moonstar

Moonstar Guest

yay!
    I'm a big Fan of Vlad's roof designs so i'm glad to see one in Brit.( even if it's on the bank roof instead of on the ground floor it's an awesome scene)
    Never a bad thing to have more greenery in game; Rocks and logs to sit on, maybe drink some ale & fry some fish ? and Stairs! I really hope the hitching posts and moongate become functional .

6. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

Congratulations Vladimir - The roof is great ! Very much looking forward to the implementation of your design - A warmer more welcome scene for BB
    -Thank you & again, Congratulations! :thumbsup:

7. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

On a side note, I wonder how many rune books are going to have a non functioning rune once this goes live. I'm pretty sure all my characters recall into Brit directly in the middle of that stream of water.

8. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

AWWWW! S.O.B I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! :yell:

9. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

:pancakes: Pancake for Nox with extra butter ;)

10. i agree with thomas.
    I love vlad's design at homes and he does awesome jobs..
    however with a bank, i would have liked to see more seating near or around the bank or across from it and something nice near the water?

I like many others that loved brit and stayed there most of the boring day would have wanted to see more.

11. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It is absolutely beautiful Vlad!

Thank you for taking the time to design something for all of us to enjoy.
    Some of us love rooftop gardens with babbling brooks..hence their popularity. I might just have to sit up there and sew a bit. I like to relax when I sew.
    And a moongate!!! Hurray!!!

You guys stay down below and don't trample on that garden!

12. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Nox your cheating on me with Atlantic?!?!?! It's over.

13. Tiny Dancer

Tiny Dancer Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Awesome design Vlad. You go on with your bad self C!!!!

14. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

I'll be back to Chesapeake on an alt soon probably.

15. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Hey now! I like rooftop gardens too. What I meant to say is that I don't like the customized house feel of it. For example, in a customized house, I would happily ignore that waterfall that is seemingly coming from nowhere as you are limited with what you can do. However, in world art it is not so easy to ignore and feels limited.

16. RibaIdry

RibaIdry Visitor

On the whole, the winning entries have been pretty bad. I would have rather EA had just done it themselves. Oh boy, another person who thinks putting a waterfall on the roof is cool and creative.

17. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I'm good at finding those cracks. I'd better head out and mark some new runes.