1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Beware - Town Guards AWOL

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Larisa, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Sep 8, 2006
    Jeremy Dalberg
    10 Sep 2008 16:26:35

Currently the Town Guards are missing from their posts - while players still cannot harm one another in Trammel, this will make Felucca somewhat more... lively. This was not intended at this time and will be fixed during each shard's next regular maintenance.
  2. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

Jeremy..Why fix it? This would add a whole new level to pvp..and facations..etc etc...Lets see who really owns what town..with no guards around..

I vote to leave it like it is :D let us cast in towns and take the guards out of fel :D

Steps down off thy soap box.
  3. An early Christmas present from the DEVs? Hell ya it is. Down with the Bluebies!!!!
  4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Oct 1, 2006
    I kinda like that idea too, lets me take care of the scripters in Fel, Minoc and Brit mining and lumber jacking without having to get guard wacked.......
  5. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 13, 2004
    Nah. Put the guards back...but don't make them invincible!
  6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
  7. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 3, 2004
    WOULD LOVE THIS.... Like it used to be ... make fel have guards, but make them fightable rather then one hit kill crap they do to you. PLEASE! haha
  8. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
  9. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 26, 2008
    hmmm, maybe thats why pepta is in the kitchen trying to make her stomach medicine.. all the town guards got a nasty stomach flu?
  10. Duku

Duku Guest

YES, remove the instant kill please, it would change Felucca in a very better way :)
  11. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

K the devs are a big tease :D

First off they been saying publish 55 and 56 were going to be combinded right? or at least be big...

Now we got the ticket turn ins gone. :D So we all have uber suits now.

The town guards are gone from the old land. Thank GOD for that :D

mages can cast there fields and summons in the old lands now. WOOOT Nice.

There is a new quest for pepto Bismol.

I think the devs just put pepto in for all the complaining that will probally happen with Pub 56 coming up. heck ya in town..ya doing your business then BAM ya get wacked by someone. Or maybe it has to do with factions. Hrm..

All I can say is I think its great the guards are gone :D and I can cast again in town. I remember the brit invasion when I had to go out of town to get some action. Also the same with the Vesper invasion. I think that was it. Cant remember :D

Devs honesty. even if Pepto was a mistake. Leave the game as it is now. Its new. Its fresh and with the rants that will probally start anytime now....Everyone will need some pepto :D Thanks..
  12. Melchiah

Melchiah Guest

First step in the return of thieves! Town thieves come on over!
  13. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 7, 2008
    sooooo you guys realize that houses can be placed in guard zones right now? hope they dont leave them - yew gate just got that much more annoying