1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Book of Timelessness

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Sara Of Baja, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

from UO - Origin Events

Fiction: Book of Timelessness

Posted By EMLaurana on June 19, 2009

Donal the Monk, a human, was very keen on maintaining a peaceful alignment with the gargoyle race. He felt that humans could live even more prosperous lives combining aspects of both the human principles of Truth, Love, and Courage, and the gargoyle’s principles of Control, Passion, and Diligence. The gargoyles displayed a devotion to task and trade that was lacking in many humans, and though as a monk he felt enlightened himself, he thought it his role to enlighten those deemed capable of integrating these additional principles in their lives.

Donal was working on a collection of wisdom called the “Book of Timelessness.” This book represented the gargoyle principles found in the Book of Circles, combined with the human principles. It was a work in progress, containing teachings that would help those familiar with the human principles to explore the gargoyle principles.

Many gargoyles were cooperative with Donal’s peacemaking efforts, but some misunderstood the monk’s intentions. Donal has learned from young Raelyn McKie that there is an aggressive gargoyle in the woods. The area surrounding the Abbey is one of a peaceful relationship between the gargoyles and humans, so Donal is confused by the aggression.

Your task will be to aid Donal the Monk in sorting out this misunderstanding. Meet at the Counselor’s Hall in Britain, Trammel for further details.

Book of Timelessness Event
    (PvM event, Trammel-based)

Saturday, June 27th at 5pm Pacific, 6:00pm Mountain, 7:00pm Central, 8:00pm Eastern, 4:00pm Alaska, 2:00am Sunday in France.

All fighting styles welcome! Be sure to make sure your insurance coffer is full [​IMG]

To catch up on the previous fiction, check out these biographies:
    Taryn Sullivan’s Biography
    Raelyn McKie’s Biography

2. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

Do these books have special marks or something seperating them from regular books?

The reason id like to know is because if they are different from regular books i'd like to get ahold of them for my library. But i tend to work during events.

3. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Reminder: This event is this evening ... I'm still out of town and using a laptop, so won't be able to attend to report on the event. If someone gets screenshots, etc., please post them!

4. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

I have plans for tonight otherwise I'd love to cover it for you.

5. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

Change of plans. I'll cover this for you.. Be there shortly...

6. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

I'll get a full report done on this by Monday or Tuesday but let me say this, We have a Great pair of EM's, That was a blast!

7. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have been told that if you truly enjoy/appreciate what EM Laurana and EM Faine Morgan are doing and would like their supervisor(s) to know what a great job they're doing, you can leave EM event specific feedback on this form. In the subject line go down to 'positive feedback' and select it.

8. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

I'd like to know what happend. Where can I find the report?

9. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

My sincere appologies, I'm laggin' on this. I probably won't have time to work on it until over this weekend, I'll do my best to get posted as soon as I can.

10. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

Once again I must appolgize. I have a family emergency and need to leave town for a few days. I'm sure I won't get to this before next weekend at the earliest.

11. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Waffler! Seriously, take care of your family emergency, it has to be way more important than UO.