1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News] Day 1 at the Chesapeake Olympics is a hit!!

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Terence Duff, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Terence Duff

Terence Duff Guest

Coverage of the Chesapeake Olympics 2008

[​IMG]

Chesapeake Olympic Games

August 2008

The Chesapeake Olympics sprinted to a great start last night with two amazing events! Medal hopefuls began the night by gathering for the opening ceremonies at the UO Stratics Center in Zento and suiting up in their favorite team-colored robes.

At eight o'clock, the games began with the first of ten events: Malas Track & Field. A simple, but exhausting race through the winding main road of Malas, competitors braved brigand camps and a treacherously confusing mountain pass to quickly arrive at the finish line in Umbra. The pack of runners began in a tightly-knit grouping, but each racer paved their own way down the course, sometimes dodging the very gravel at the edge of the main road.

[​IMG]

Event 1: Malas Track & Field - WINNERS

GOLD: Farina de Arina (Team Malas)
    SILVER: Daria Blackmoore (Team Trammel)
    BRONZE: NANOC (Team Felucca)

[​IMG]

Hour two of the evening was very pointed, with daggers flying across the auditorium at the Stratics Center. This hour was home to the Dart Contest! After six rounds of darts, with two competitors not advancing to each consecutive round, three steady shooters were the recipients of medals.

[​IMG]

Event 2: Dart Contest - WINNERS

GOLD: Odin Blackmoore (Team Trammel)
    SILVER: Winmere (Team Felucca)
    BRONZE: Winfield (Team Felucca)

[​IMG]

The Chesapeake Olympics continue this evening with two more events, Daemon Fighting and The Chesapeake History Quiz Show. For more information, visit the Chesapeake 2008 Olympics information page.

2. Winfield

Winfield Adventurer
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron

This was great fun!!! I can't wait for Day 2 (Saturday).

3. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Oops, totally didn't notice things were going on. Looks like no medals for me this year. :popcorn:

4. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

I'm confused. I could have sworn that I read the Olympics info a week or so ago, and it listed other competitions geared toward fishermen, tailors, smiths, cooks, and other skill groups, as well as a book writing contest. Was that a joke? I was looking forward to competing.

5. envinyatar

envinyatar Guest

I think that was the olympic events from a few years ago.

6. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

Oh rats, thanks for the reply.

7. Terence Duff

Terence Duff Guest

Aye, that was the 2006 Olympics. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to dedicate to that many events this time around. :(