1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

News > Dear ArenaNet; A Collector’s Dream

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Zosimus, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Over at GuildWars2Live.com, LeakingBlood posted an article written by Peter Chan concerning purchasing the Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition is a very interesting topic to say the least.

In my opinion, I just want the GW2 game. I have bought some collectors editions here and there of other games Most of those items from those collector's editions have either gathered dust, or thrown away. I just want to have the feel, and the flavor of the content and pixels on my computer. That would make me happy over all.

Have I considered buying the Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition? Yes, certainly I have. I guess at this time I'm just excited with the game coming close to release in the next few months. I know many friends are in the same boat as me on that.

Guild Wars 2 Collectors' Edition or no Guild Wars 2 Collector's Edition I'll be fine either way.

Please check out the article at GuildWars2Live.com | Dear ArenaNet; A Collector’s Dream

Our staff here at Guild Wars 2 Stratics would like to thank GuildWars2Live.com | Guild Wars Fan Broadcast ,LeakingBlood, and Peter Chan for keeping the Guild Wars 2 Player Nation informed and we appreciate what you do.

For the click link impaired:

News > Dear ArenaNet; A Collector’s Dream
    Posted by LeakingBlood on Feb 11, 2012

2. GW2 is the first game I've really considered buying a collector's edition for. But I'm not the sort to want a statue, mousepad, or cloth map. Y'know, the physical things. I prefer in-game stuff. Mini-pets, special effects, maybe a unique set of town clothes or something.

3. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I want to say welcome to GW2 Stratics Scarsdale Punk . :)

Now the unique town clothing idea would be cool and the mini pets I could go for.

It's been a while, but I got that gold asura mini pet for GW1 from a magazine that was promoting the code special if you bought that issue. Wish I could remember the magazine but man it was hard to find 3 of them they went pretty fast.

Have any idea what you think the Collector's Edition may cost?

4. I think it depends on how much stuff they pack in the box. Is it Tera that's offering two different kinds of collector's addition? And I think they're both under $100. I'd like to think that Arenanet will CE cost on the practical side. But if they include the standard extras like mouse pads, figurines, maps, and behind the scenes DVDs I'd imagine they could exceed $100 easily.

And thanks for the warm welcome!

5. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Tera CE is $80.00 if I recall.. Not sure if they had the two different CE's though. I could understand a Europe and US CE's that would be different but I am just speculating.

Was the GW2 art book mentioned or am I dreaming that some people were debating it would be added to the CE?

6. The game I'm thinking of had a digital Collector's Edition and a... I forget, an exclusive Collector's Edition or something. The exclusive cost more, but had more physical items in the box. The digital one was just downloadable stuff.

The art book was mentioned on Guildcast when they were talking about CE items. I actually would like one of those... I know I'm in the minority. Lots of people would pony up for the typical CE.

7. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

You are not alone. I would like to get my hands on that art book myself.

If they offered something I would feel like I needed I would probably get the CE.

I did pre-order the Warhammer Online CE from gamestop when that was released and I tell you that was a nightmare. I didn't get my codes and then they said they had ran out so not all players got them.

Then 2 days later I get an email from them apologizing and gave me the codes with the pre-order. Only reason why I recieved them and I still think this today, at that time I said I would never buy another thing from them again and I had been a loyal customer for years to them always buying from them.