1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[News] Deco Ideas: Spring Ponds

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by LadyKeroOfAtl, Mar 25, 2011.

1. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008

Spring Ponds

With the spring equinox just days behind us I thought we could all use a look forward to the warmer weather.
    (Especially if, like me, you just got more snow)

Over the next month I'll be posting rivers, waterfall, ponds, wells, and swamp ideas, I thought I'd start with ponds.

Even if you have limited space, a pond is almost always possible.. Including using the new carpet tiles to create a pond so you can always remove it to redecorate without going into customization.

Examples of ponds using carpet tiles

By Mariredbear

By AmberMoonshade

The carpet tiles allow you to choose the color of your water, so if you'd like a more tropical coloring like AmberMoonshade's carpet tiles are the way to go.

-The new carpet tiles require you to have the High Seas upgrade and to do a simple quest that starts at the tailors in the Royal City-

Small Ponds

By Arya

By FalonoFelder

By Mako

Illusion Ponds

If your lucky enough to have one of the homes on the road of Makoto, You're handed a very simple way to do an illusion.

By Kenpachi

By Ryo

Larger Ponds
    (With More Decoration Involved)

By Crystal Canyon

By Tommygirl

By APirate

By HunterMoon

Can't figure out how to place an item on the water of your pond?
    Place it before placing the water tile. Raise it up, It will stay in that spot through customization as long as it's raised multiple times.
    After placing the water tile you can then lower it back down.

Teleport tiles also help. If you want to decorate the center of your pond, place a teleport tile so you can come & go. You can later delete the tile or place an item over it to cover it so you can use it again later.

Waterfall Wall Pieces: In the final screenshot of HunterMoons home she uses the waterfall pieces to connect the first and second floor without interrupting the water. These can be a great tool.
    They can attach one level to another, and you can also walk through them.

2. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 20, 2008
    Great job! Love these deco segments that you do!
  3. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Sep 3, 2007
    I do as well. I am terrible at deco but love to check out what people do.

If you would like to put together a spring Deco Contest. I would be happy to put up some prizes or Gold. For the winners. It would be a great Community event. Just let me know.