1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS]FoF: Details,Details

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Larisa, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

2. hehehehehehehhe
    cheater

lolrolleyes: .... just a stinking:link:

i can dig it ...

3. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Do you think a FoF will ever tell us something not already answered on these boards?

4. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

Wow..........that was completely worthless.

5. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly, ever since the Boards crashed the FoF's have been less then informative.
    Also, I thought it was supposed to be FIVE on friday? Somehow I doubt there is a lack of questions to be answered.....

6. J0KING

J0KING Guest

:stir: Is it just me... or did I only count four? :stir:

Also, what are the plans for the other items that can be acquired in the antivirtue dungeons? I have a bunch of those I would like to toss in as well :)

7. Lord Bishop

Stratics Veteran

Possible Questions they could answer
    1. Why can certain peps area peace at will making spawn irrelevant
    2. Why do I get exceptional tailor bod's 25% of the time at 120 tailoring
    3. Whats the purpose of Shadow Cloaks and threads
    4. Why isn't there a talisman for lockpicking I hate opening lev six chest for 30 + lockpicks
    5. Why isn't there a mining talisman for mining why do I have to waste all the rare ore by failing but not so with a special wood
    6. Why aren't there powerscrolls for mining, inscription, and lockpicking
    7. Why can female chars wear all the armors but male chars can't same with elven and human. No speacial human armore of male armor seems like discrimination
    if anyone has more cont please :)

8. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

1. "Where do I turn in the Phase 2 items?"
    2. "How exactly does the house resizing work?"
    3. "Do the artifacts that drop in the Anti-Virtue dungeons count as 10,000 point artifacts in Spring Cleaning?"

in the immortal words of The Count........."3!!! 3 questions!!! AH AH AH!"

9. Cause the 5 on 5 arent just for us. Dont be selfish. What we learn and know isnt always known by others.

Or 3 on 3. Which sounds interesting anyway.

10. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

I would like to comment on this.... As this the Year of Events.... You owe us some regular updates in the form of RP dialogue. Some dialogue etc.... There was good dialogue when this new event started... .a couple of NPCs and etc... there was an update on the webpage.... but then it stopped. Now it is in the form of "There will be a new tameable horse." or "There will be a turn in." Those are not events. Events are storylines that provide a reason for a turn in or a new tameable horse.... e.g. "Lord Britomere needs as much old armor and coins as the citizens can turn in so the smiths can smelt that into new weapons to prepare for the battle against the shadowlords."

I guess I am trying to say there is no storyline and your Events Page still could use some improvement. Even in naming the links.... Should be chronological.... should follow a naming convention... if named by publish then all should be named by publish.... if named by title... then all should be named by title.... but definitely not both.

11. Lord Bishop

Stratics Veteran

Maybe he could just have told us when the publish would happen for all non origin shards cause if it was mentioned here I missed it :)

12. *stuck on ? question marks being needed to identify "answers" *

(Added for the hall ... Any bugs to watch out for?)
    YES!
    Beware of Bug!

We haven't seen a ton of reports on this, but as it may cause you to lose an item, be aware - if you try to redeed a flour mill while it still has flour in it, you'll lose the mill altogether. We've tried to fix this a few times, but what it really needs is a revamp of how the item works on the back end, so it may take a while to work its way up the list. In the meantime, just make sure to remove the flour before axing!

(Added for the hall ... Any updates to playguides?)
    YES!
    Playguide Updates:

Have a couple of updates to present this week - Publish 52 notes, some new item info, and finally the player-submitted Artifact screenshots:

Cartography: Added a chart of craftable items, materials needed, and skill needed.
    Spellweaving: Added (new, correct) details on the SSI and FC penalties.
    Factions: Joining A Faction: Updated with Publish 52 changes (removed load balancing, one-character-per-shard requirement, 30-day age requirement.)
    Factions: Quitting A Faction: Changed all references to "seven days" to "three days."
    Factions: Credits: Emphasized the incomplete nature of the system.
    Factions: Crafting: Took down this egregiously out-of-date page and replaced it with an "Under Construction" note at QA's request - it was confusing the heck out of people. I'll be bringing it back later in a much more accurate state.
    Factions: Faction Office: Added one-character-per-account restrictions.
    Housing: Purchasing and Owning a House: Added 15-day character age requirement.
    Housing: Building Your House: Added 15-day character age requirement, demolish timer, and placement tool cooldown info.
    Housing: Housing States and Home Maintenance: Added placement timer on IDOC plots.
    Equipment: Weapons: Updated with all of the SE weapons and the base ML weapons (the special ones - artifacts and items that require rare materials - will live in a different chart. Somewhere. One of these days.)
    Equipment: Artifacts: Remember the Get Your Name In Links contest back in February? I finally sorted through all the submissions and updated the pictures on this page. Thanks to everyone who sent in submissions, both those I used and those I didn't. (There were a ton of duplicates for certain items, so I tried to make sure as many people as possible got at least one picture up.)

(Added for the hall ... Anything Else? Need any help?) (count as one question refined)
    YES!
    However, I don't have them all yet! So we're going to do round two - same rules as the link above. Below are the artifacts I need screenshots of:

(Added for the hall ... Anything Else? Peek into the future?) (count as one question refined)
    YES! {here is}
    What's To Come:

Origin will get to keep Publish 53 ....

(Added for the hall ... How about the fansites .... they submit any thingnew?)
    YES!
    Fansite News:
    A couple of interesting things coming up! First,(1) a non-UO-specific and yet ....
    And then(2! as promised by the word "couple" above ) Whispering Rose Radio's ....

(Added for the hall ... Is that all? did we miss anything?) (count as one question refined)
    YES! you DID !!!
    Town Hall News:

Look at our schedule to find out ....

Like I been saying for YEARS ....

math in the hall:mf_prop:

13. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Umm...

Yeah.

Did you follow the link and read the actual Five on Friday?

Buried at the very top of the document is this:

Now a general reply.

The usefulness of the Fives on Friday have always been sketchy.

I'm OK with that. They have on balance been more useful than not useful and it's a lot better to have some communication that's useful, and some that isn't than it is to have no communication at all, or communication that is always not useful.

On this being 4 as opposed to 5?

Some weeks that's been true. This week, it's not, because they've sometimes counted the playguide update notices as one of the five. They have not always done this, but sometimes they have.

There are always 1 to 2 dozen questions that could get asked.

Some weeks are better than others, but every week, no matter how useful the Five on Friday is, someone complains.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

14. I really hope they fix Origin Nujelom Healer issue aswell as the Instant teleport of the new spawn through wall without being hit.

15. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Isn't the teleporting on purpose to keep people from attacking event spawn from a safe location like a boat? Basically you'll just have to deal with it.

16. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Whew and I almost redeeded my flour mill... rolleyes:

17. Umm I am talking about them coming through walls WITHOUT ATTACKING THEM.. The Beserker Deamons are the real issue with this. If you were to use any ranged attacks where they are blocked from reaching you they DO teleport as intended, But I don't think coming over walls when NOT being hit was ever an issue, Deal with that indeed. I have been just running along in Nujelom and fall over dead and had never even seen the Beserker Deamon. If they were to teleport just outside the wall then that too would be fine but they in fact stand on the SAME SPACE when they teleport and thus no avoiding it.. Add in the issue with no healer in Origin Nujelom where the deamons are spawning and you have a very nasty issue. And now they damn liche spawns that loot + instant death arrrggg.

18. sorry DarkScripture ... but there IS a healer On Nujel'm, Origin, Tram (instructions at linky)

(just checked ... still there ... ask for Andrew ... tell'em I sent ya):)

19. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I wish they would have least told us if we need to save our points for the mouse hole and other armor sets or if there will be another way of getting them. And any update at all on the cocoa trees would be nice. :)

20. They are all with the chief, under the Cone of Silence :coco:

21. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes.. coming through walls. Walls are a blocking object and, so far as I know, there is no AI advanced enough in the game to be able to determine on a case by case basis wether they are actively being blocked on purpose by a player or not (nor do I expect anyone not at a major reasearch university to be able to create such an AI). Therefore, it is going to happen so long as the ability is necessary (which it is.. and in it's exact form too, as "teleporting nearby" isn't good enough when its a boat and they end up in the ocean because of it, because it again isn't that possible to be both specific and unspecific at the same time, at least in this game).

22. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think its a quick and lazy solution to fixing for monsters spawning in stuck area and a real solution should be done already. Maybe they should change the spawn locations so the monsters won't spawn in an area where they could get stuck.

I understand the need for monster to teleport to players that are unreachable as long as there is line of sight. But with this change monsters from the event can teleport even without line of sight could be game breaking.

23. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It isn't for stuck areas, it's for players blocking them to reduce risk. It was put on the berserkers to keep players from sniping them on boats (along with the whole boat burning thing Magincia had that wouldn't work here storywise).

24. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Explain this then, why wouldn't the current teleporting AI for monsters work for the berserker? There are plenty of monsters that can teleport if you are attacking them from line of sight and they can't get to you. But they do not teleport through walls only through fences, ledge, heck they can teleport onto boats just fine.

25. Why not? Cove = seaport
    Nujelm = Island
    Serpents Hold = Island

hmmm

26. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

27. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When y'all get around to fixing it so Siege has a turn in location, can we also add one to Fel too please? If we can earn the items there, surely we ought to be able to turn them in there too...

Wenchy

28. Sorry, cocoa what?? Oh the trees. Right. The myth of the cocoa trees and the chocolatiering system. Mentioned in February. *checks calendar* Saturday June 7. Gone the way of the mouse hole and the potted cactus which has a future "nefarious" use. Right. Let me answer the question about the trees. Seems it's the ONLY way we'll get a response.

"They were pushed back." "They didn't make it into this publish. NEXT one though." They're coming." Blah, blah, blah. :wall::lie:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!