1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News] FoF: Time's Passing

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Larisa, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Sorry this is a day late guys....NewsPro was acting up on me last night...Grrrr *grins*

Cya'll in Moonglow!

2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com's</a> <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday103.html>Five on Friday:</a> <blockquote><span class=osi>

[​IMG]

<font size=+1>FoF: Time's Passing
    </font> Jeremy Dalberg
    28 Mar 2008 16:40:35

The long-awaited event in Moonglow is about to begin - what are you doing here, anyway? Go! Go to Moonglow!</p>

"Why has the spawn of daily rares been stopped? The whip in the small Skara Brae hut is no longer spawning, neither are the smith rares in the barrels in the Smith Shop on Buccaneer's Den. Will they come back soon, if ever?"</p>

I passed this one on to the dev team - I don't have a solid answer, but Draconi has a theory, and it's being investigated.</p>

"What is the CURRENT time to reset a faction sigil?"</p>

Draconi got the numbers on this one:</p> [*]Sigil reset timer: 30 minutes. Stolen sigil must reach the faction base by this time. [*]Corruption timer: 10 hours. [*]Grace period timer: 15 minutes. Interference (moving the sigil) during corruption doesn’t cause it to reset the corruption timer until 15 minutes without returning to its place in the base.

"What’s the deal with the "rubble" palm trees and their coconuts? Apparently they dropped coconuts for a little while then stopped."</p>

Draconi says,</p>

"Corrupted by the foul magics of the daemon horde, these trees gladly gave up their last few coconuts, but have no further strength to bear fruit. "</p>

"Why is my pet not listening to me?"</p>

QA is getting a number of bug reports to this effect, and wanted to remind everyone of a key fact - your pet cannot hear commands if you whisper them. You have to say them normally in order for the pet to respond properly.</p>

What's To Come:</p>

Check out the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=340>Event Schedule</A> to find out when the blackrock detection machine unveiling takes place on your shard. There are two scheduled portions to the event, and there will be stuff to do for a few more weeks. We're also hard at work on the next patch, which will have more bug fixes, system tweaks - factions and housing, is the plan - and finally a way to turn in your Ophidian items! </p>

Fansite News</p>

Here's an in-game event for you Atlanteans...</p>

"The Grand Opening of the Grand Britannian Repertory!</p>

From the great walls of Castle British, to the worn sandstone of the Lycaeum, the knowledge and writings of Sosaria have been a focal point in the evolution of our society. Each stroke of quill on parchment, each word etched into paper is a marker of our past accomplishments, deeds and imaginations. With such importance stemming from these words, scrolls, and books, the creation of another library is a monumental occasion.</p>

It is with these words, do we announce the opening of the Grand Britannian Repertory. The Grand Britannian Repertory is filled to its capacity with over 1,500 unique, primarily player written books, making it one of the largest, if not the largest library in the history of Ultima Online.</p>

To celebrate its opening, there will be a formal celebration on the eve of Sunday March 30th, from 8:00-9:00PM EST (4:00-5:00PM GMT) on the Atlantic shard.</p>

The library can be found by going through the Makoto-Jima gate and entering the city of Zento. The library will be located just outside the north eastern exit, at co ordinates: 38o 14'N, 42o 23'W </p>

Gates will also be provided at Skara Brae bank before the event."</p>

And don't forget the Chicken Fight Club on Great Lakes!</p>

"Come One...Come All! Every Saturday night at 8est. Chickens, Cu’s, Squirrels, Mares and many more come to face off. We have no entrance fee and give 100k to 1st place. Anyone can enter and see if their pet IS the best!</p>

Gates start at 7:50 at Brit bank. Dont forget about the battle royale at the end of the night... one for Cu Sidhes and one for all others." </p>

Remember, if you want your event or news item included in the FoF, send it to jdalberg AT ea DOT com. I'm expanding this to in-game events as well - if you run inclusive in-game events and want some love, send me the announcement!</p>

See you in Moonglow!</p>

Jeremy</p>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, now it's up, I'll answer that first question and hopefully save Draconi wasting time looking for the answer.

The spawn hasn't been stopped. The questioner just doesn't know how to trigger it. A question that can be answered by a simple search of these boards, if you take the time to look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

You know there could be a problem on certain shards? would not be the first time there were problems on come shards and not others.

Have you checked every shard?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

No, why would I think that? The person who posted how to trigger is isn't on my shard, the information worked on my shard, why wouldn't it work everywhere else?

Try it yourself. Go open all the empty barrels, then go back and have another look 20 - 30 minutes later. You might not find a whip, but I bet the barrels will have items in.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

that is not the point.

point was there have been problems which have effected individual shards, over the years. This might be happening on the persons shard who posed the question.

For you or anyone else to say it works on my shard so your shard should be ok too, is not valid. It might actually be broke over there. The only way to confirm a problem (or lack of) on that shard, is to have someone from EAMythic take a look at it.

7. MaryForUo

MaryForUo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

and finally a way to turn in your Ophidian items

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm wrong or draconi say Ophidian items and aldo stuff used for decoration only?

8. CassieDarksong

CassieDarksong Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

"Why is my pet not listening to me?"

QA is getting a number of bug reports to this effect, and wanted to remind everyone of a key fact - your pet cannot hear commands if you whisper them. You have to say them normally in order for the pet to respond properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is, why the change?

I have all my commands whispered and use emotes that way people see things like *points to self* *points at something* *Points firmly down* etc.

9. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Whispered pet commands still work in 2D without any problems. But pet pathfindging is still stupid. it can pathfind around anything when in attack mode, but when told to follow it gets stuck on everything.

Also, Draconi, if you're looking into the daily rare spawn code, even tho it's working fine, could you PLEASE remove keyrings from tinker shop chests? Would love to get tinker chest rares again!

10. DrDolittle

DrDolittle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

…your pet cannot hear commands if you whisper them

[/ QUOTE ]This is not correct. Pets have always responded to whispered commands just fine. I just went and did a quick test and my nightmare responded to a whispered follow command from two screens away.

11. nickdafunk

nickdafunk Guest

You can bet its another "bug fix"...

Which loosely translated means, whilst swimming around in the mess that is the UO code, the devs have broken this accidentally as a side effect of fixing somethin else.

It must be messy in there, hope Draconi is wearing his hard hat at all times... [​IMG]

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

<blockquote><hr>

Which loosely translated means, whilst swimming around in the mess that is the UO code, the devs have broken this accidentally as a side effect of fixing somethin else.

It must be messy in there, hope Draconi is wearing his hard hat at all times... [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm betting the UO code is a bit like an ancient city like Istanbul, Rome or Jerusalem. You never know what you are going to uncover when you start a new construction project... [​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Nope, no one has done anything to the code, the answers to this week's questions are simply not totally accurate.

Pets can't hear whispers in KR.

I knew the question about whips wasn't right, because I wanted one a few weeks ago, but I didn't go to Skara, find it empty and assume it was broken. I did a search for 'whips' on the boards and found out how to trigger it. I got one then, I got another today.

The spawn isn't broken on Europa, and just to check, I've since triggered the spawn on Legends, the barrels there now have items in them.

Badmaniac: I only just trained a char as a thief, started training beginning of December, I never had one before, but I've gotten a couple of square tinker kits from Serpents hold with her. What else is there to get from those chests?

14. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Badmaniac: I only just trained a char as a thief, started training beginning of December, I never had one before, but I've gotten a couple of square tinker kits from Serpents hold with her. What else is there to get from those chests?

[/ QUOTE ]The three joined arrow shafts also used to come from tinker chests if memory serves me right.
    I wonder what happened to Serpents hold that made the chest respawn then, because last time I checked it was filled with exclusively unstealable keyrings. Will have to go have a look [​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone notice that this weeks Five on Friday is really only 4 on Friday?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, there are 5 questions. the last is 'what's to come?'.

One doesn't have an answer, and doesn't need one, because the answer is here on Stratics if anyone actually looked
    The answer I found

One has an inaccurate answer.

Not the most impressive 5 on Friday we've ever had.

17. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I know that the Ophidian event reset the ones in Serps, Vesper and Papua way back. Not sure if there's been anything since (last stop in Serps on Lake Austin a month ago showed all keyrings)

18. Guest

Guest Guest

what a terrible article. the way draconi winged his dodgy cocounut tree response made me lol