1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Gargoyles and Throwing

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Aalia, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This comes from the UO Facebook page

more found here

2. I don't do Facebook (or any other "social" site). I would like to see more of the postings though.

Is it possible for someone to ask if the throwing skill will allowing for poisoning of the weapons? and then post the answer here, please!

3. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Some guy on the site asking for muskets to be added along with gunpowder...another still whining about g dragons and sosdd pvp stuff. Other than that some pretty neat stuff.

4. onthefifty

onthefifty Guest

this will be one of the most interesting story lines in the coming weeks. i have guys salivating in my guild of making there tamers gargoyle, flying at mounted speed with their dragons and being able to throw stuff at people.
    imagine if what you threw could dismount.

i mean not for nothing but this scenario sounds really over whelming to me.

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I assume Gargoyles will be able to use a Bola to dismount. It is a thrown weapon after all.

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I hope it's overpowered. Worry about nerf later.
    It's better than getting a lame race that no one plays with skills no one takes up since they suck.
    I want to make it worthwhile to train up. A goal, if you will. A chance to be uber before the next publish where they stone the poor gargs.

7. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Do they not play?

I guess they might mean by "special skills" actual race-specific skills....But Elves definitely had, and continue to have, race-specific abilities, as do Humans.

I don't think any of us actual players think of Elves as Humans with different color skin.

I know I don't. What about you all?

The racial abilities seem to me to be noticeably, demonstrably different between Elves and Humans.

-Galen's player

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I sort of prefer humans.
    I've so far, only considered elves for my miner/crafter for the bonuses there and the extra mana.

Gargoyles will definately provide different qualities. I'm glad the devs are seriously trying to keep gargs unique. Otherwise, they'll be elves with wings.

9. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

I will not do Facebook or other sites of that ilk. However if it can be reposted in full, I would appreciate it.

10. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You don't need a Facebook account to read the posts.

11. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

That's correct you should be able to see most of the content on that page without having to log in. Some comments made by players may not show due to some player's privacy settings.

12. Jhym

Jhym Guest

They stated it correctly. The Elves do NOT have any special skills. They have special abilities and adjusted stats.

I agree with the assessment, there isn't enough of a difference between elves and humans. If, for instance, they had added a "Foo Foo Pretty Blade" skill for elves only and disallowed elves from using fencing/swords, then they'd be similar to the proposed Gargoyles.

13. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Appreciate the Info for those of us not on Facebook.