1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Grand Opening of the Smithsonian Museums December 1

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by Sara Of Baja, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

From UO Rares Collector Forum 'ANNOUNCEMENT' by Manticore

Next Tuesday, December 1st after the 7:30 am Central - server up on Baja, the grand opening of the Smithsonian Museums will take place.

Shard = Baja
    Location = First three houses East Exit of Umbra City
    Museums
    Smithsonian - West Wing (Manticore)
    Smithsonian - East Wing (Lineman)
    Smithsonian - South Wing (Laina)

All three of us have been working hard to make this a great experience for you.

To complete this tour, if you go back to Umbra and take the west exit, immediately on your right is the Lord and Lady Courage's Museum filled with many Baja Seer Items dated between 1997-1999.

In addition, if you hop back into the gate and head to Luna, there are two houses on each side of the east exit, one is owned by Jinx (many Baja specific items and other things of interests) and the other is the rubble house (The entire house is made of rubbles except for the bulletin board).

So come spend an hour or two visiting these places and get a peek from the past to present.

2. Kiljaedon

Kiljaedon Guest

I am happy to see that Baja's rares have stayed on the server instead of being funneled out to the other servers as pawn items.

3. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hear, hear.

4. hazmatofbaja

hazmatofbaja Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I am glad to see, we have so much free time. hear hear

5. Mama Faith

Mama Faith Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I just finished touring the houses listed and though I couldn't get to the top 2 floors of Manticore's museum, I was so impressed with everything that I was able to see in all of the places. You could stand in these houses for a long time and still find something new. Excellent job to all involved and major pats on the back for the amount of time (and expense) that it took to collect all of this. It's well worth seeing and I give the tour a 10 out of 10 stars. :thumbup:

6. jwauk99

jwauk99 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

All three buildings were wonderful to visit. I fell off the roof however. ;-)

7. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

ah Mama Faith, sorry about that. I should have explained. The telepads are located on the first floor underneath the lady in red portrait. To the right of her will take you to the 2nd floor. Directly underneath her will take you to the 3rd floor and to the left of her will take you to the roof. :)

8. Mama Faith

Mama Faith Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Wonderful! Thank you Manticore and I will try those today. I had stepped on a couple locations that gave me the message about "not having access" so I had just figured there was a glitch. Once again, awesome job everyone. I can't wait to show my two adult sons the exhibits at the museums. They were there for the birth of UO so it will bring back a lot of memories.

9. lineman

lineman Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I may be redesigning my house in the near future. I feel I lose to much room to do what I would like to do with the front area. So if you see private it will be just temporary.

10. What amazing collections!!!! Baja is lucky to have such wonderful guardians of UO's history.

Thank you,

Bucko the Kid