1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News] Heartwood - UO's sweatshop

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Wulf2k, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Questing for Fun and Profit!

Well, it's been a while since my last report. I'm a lazy, lazy man. What else can I say?

This time around, I'm doing a report for my less bloodthirsty fans. You know Heartwood? That wacky, elf-stench-ridden place through the teleporter in the middle of Yew? If you're willing to put in a little work, they're willing to pay you for it.

And by "pay you for it", I mean "give you just enough non-crap to string you along like a junkie".

In the interest of everybody having better equipment for me to loot off of them, I grabbed a bunch of these quests, and will now show you a quick and easy way to do them.

First off, a quick summary of the quests I chose, and the rewards I got from 1 run through them.

<table border=1> <tr> <td> Quest Name - A Fine Feast.
    Quest Giver - Tamm
    Quest Objective - 10 sheep
    Quest Reward - small bag of trinkets

Tips:
    -Use a blade on an un-shorn, live sheep
    -1 wool per sheep, spins into 3 yarn
    -use 5 yarn on a loom for 1 bolt of cloth (1 bolt = 50 cloth)
    -300 cloth total

My reward:
    1 item, 3 properties, 24%-64% intensity </td> <td> Quest Name - Overpopulation
    Quest Giver - Elder Acob
    Quest Objective - 10 hinds
    Quest Reward - small bag of trinkets

Tips:
    -9 leather per hind
    -90 leather total

My reward:
    1 item, 4 properties, 24%-60% intensity

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Quest Name - Cold Hearted
    Quest Giver - Cloorne
    Quest Objective -
    6 giant ice serpents
    6 frost spiders
    Quest Reward - bag of trinkets

Tips:
    -Use a blade to skin 17 spined leather per ice serpent
    -102 spined leather total

My reward:
    2 items, 1-3 properties, 28%-60% intensity
    </td> <td> Quest Name - Warrior Caste
    Quest Giver - Elder Caelas
    Quest Objective - 10 terathan warriors
    Quest Reward - bag of treasure

My Reward:
    3 items, 1 property, 28%-70% intensity

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Quest Name - Arachnophobia
    Quest Giver - Salaenih
    Quest Objective - 12 giant black widows

My reward:
    3 items, 1-2 properties, 35%-66% intensity

</td> <td> Quest Name - It's Elemental
    Quest Giver - Alejaha
    Quest Objective -
    4 fire elementals
    4 water elementals
    4 earth elementals

My reward:
    3 items, 1-4 properties, 12-70% intensity
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Quest Name - Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Killer
    Quest Giver - Brinnae
    Quest Objective - 8 dread spiders
    Quest Reward - large bag of treasure

My reward:
    4 items, 2-5 properties, 50-80% intensity
    </td> </tr> </table>

I chose these quests because of the fact that they can all be done in pretty much a single run, without much backtracking. First off, is "A Fine Feast." As you leave heartwood, head straight east from the teleporter, and you'll run into a sheep pen. Shear the sheep, kill them, repeat 9 more times. This gives you enough wool for 300 cloth, and it's so easy, why not do it?

After you're done having your fun with the sheep (Remember, it's a guardzone, don't break any laws... You know who you are...) keep running northeastish to the moongate. Take it to Justice, Ilshenar. North/Northwest of the gate, against the river, are water elementals you can kill to complete a portion of "It's Elemental".

Next, follow the path northeast until it curves back into Healer's Grove. There are tons of hinds/harts/healers/priests of Mondain here. Kill/skin the hinds, and kill the priests of Mondain if you can do so safely. The map fragments they drop are part of a quest that I'll go into at the end of this. Once your carnage here is complete, head south to the sacrifice moongate, and take it to Honor.

From here, head north through the cave, then south, through the desert, and south some more until you find some stone huts, and a bunch of earth elementals. Kill four of them for the 2nd part of "It's Elemental", then head west a few screens and kill four fire elementals to finish off that one. You're now done here, so head East, to central Ilshenar, and northeast through the cave, to exit near Compassion.

Follow the mountainside northeast, until it curves south past some gargoyles, and then hits snow. On the east side of this area, frost spiders/ice serpents spawn. Kill 6 of each of them, skin the serpents, then keep following the path south. You'll eventually cross a bridge.

Follow the mountains on your south, until they loop back heading northeast. There's a cave entrance along it, enter this cave. Here you'll find the giant black widows, terathan warriors, and a single dread spider spawn. They're fairly separate from each other, so you shouldn't have much trouble killing your quota of each.

Congratulations, you're done a bunch of quests. Go hand them in, and get whichever ones you felt were worth the effort back into your quest log. Repeat this a few dozen times, then go hug a red. They'll love you for it.

The Ancient World

What's that? You want bigger rewards, you say?

Well, that's why they created quests with "strongboxes" as rewards. The easiest of these is the Ancient World quest chain. It starts at Broolol in Heartwood, who's asking for a map fragment (dropped off of priests of Mondain). If you bring him one, he then tells you to bring it to Braen, who asks for 20 gaman horns (available off any gaman, found pretty much anywhere near the Tokuno moongates). After these, he'll want you to bring him 3 minotaur artifacts. These can be truly inconvenient. They're located near the end of the Labyrinth, scattered across the ground. If you've got stealth, they're a snap. If you don't, there's far too much spawn to want to make a habit of trying to grab these. Save yourself a headache, and have a friend/minion grab you a bunch.

My reward (2 runs):
    6-7 items, 1-5 properties, 60%-92% intensities

So, that's my report. I had some pictures I was going to include, but I think you'll manage just fine without them. Also, they really don't make it convenient to include them, and we all know my stance on laziness.

2. *grins*

Well done!

3. Mandolin

Mandolin Guest

Good info, Wulf!!! Thank you!

However.. I'm a little concerned about this..

Quest Name - Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Killer

[​IMG]

4. Rykus

Rykus Guest

Did your laziness prompt you to paste the same text twice, thereby making us think you put twice the effort into your reporting? [​IMG]

*edit* - disregard.. Apparently my browser went goofy on me..

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Of for the love of god...

YET ANOTHER plot foiled... GRR

[​IMG]

6. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

If it makes you feel better, I'm sure the shoddy rewards will keep too many people from repeating it even if it is incredibly easy. =]

7. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

I pasted stuff twice? Where?

*doesn't get it*

8. imported_Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is the best Valentine's Gift .....awwwww....thank you Wulf2k from all of us.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!!

9. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

So, people found it useful?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

So, people found it useful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very useful...coming 2 days after I tried most of the Heartwood sweatshop "quests" once again to refresh my memory on the junk they gave me the last time...

*stomps back to the kitchen, grumbling about the timing of lazy, stabby reporters*

-Skylark

11. Katharine

Katharine Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Of for the love of god...

YET ANOTHER plot foiled... GRR

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been caught! [​IMG]

12. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Oh my me!

They killed my formatting!

Why would they do such a thing?!

13. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

The plot is thicker than you know...they killed an entire message board, just to do it! ;)

-Skylark

14. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

If only there were some way to convert HTML into HTML so we could see it properly....

15. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Since there has been some confusion (Not mentioning any names.... =] ) this is not a new report, and I am not abusing the [News] tag. This is a three year old report of mine that I bumped for no particular reason.

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*raises hand* My foul...

Back to Uhall to stabby stabby...

17. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Do luck effect the rewards when you claim them? I only seem to get crap items from this quests.

Also, I don't think there are any guards in Yew or any other factions town at the moment.

18. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Ok guess it was from before they nerfed the heartwood rewards then.