1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Holiday Decoration Contest

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Andrasta, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

Holiday Decoration Contest

Have you put your lights up yet? Did you not bother to take them down from last year?

Well if you decorate your home for the holidays this contest is for you.

Simply decorate your public home for the holidays and submit your home to be judged.

Players have until Noon EST December 18th, 2009 to submit their homes.

To submit your home please do the following:

1) Email EM Nestor with the location and name of the home.

2) Place a bag containing a rune to your home and a book with the name and location of the home into the mailbox at the EM reward hall.

We will be placing a runebook at the reward hall as entries come in. On the evening on December 18th we will tour all the homes. The winner will be announced Monday December 21st. The Holiday Decoration Contest Trophy will be locked in front of the winning home until the New Year and then moved to the Reward Hall for safe keeping.

Email EM Nestor with entries, comments, questions or criticisms.

[​IMG]

2. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

*Warning*
    These days seems alot of people are playing both clients, to ensure your house looks great to all, I would advise to check it on both clients. The garland seems not to work in the new client and it is rather annoying. but it looks nice in the classic.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Ginger Snap and Maximus - proprietors of the Haunted Mountain Halloween entry - have already completed their entry and it is incredible. Can't wait to see more contestant homes.

4. Miss Smoocher

Miss Smoocher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

a few christmas deco in brit would sure be nice to see a town dressed for the hoildays. hint hint beggs

5. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

I checked out the entries so far, Wow. You guys are pretty awesome.

I emailed Nestor but I figured it couldn't hurt to post this here to see if anyone else feels the same.
    I was hoping maybe in future deco contests there could be a second category for vendorshops/libraries. I know a lot of places that decorate for every season/holiday but we can't recustomize everytime because of vendors rented or it would make you have to replace hundreds of runebooks that were removed when you went into custom mode.

6. Miss Smoocher

Miss Smoocher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i agree with you there the penny pincher is my vendor house and i decoed it for christmas also the owner of the 3 homes how the grinch stole christmas.
    didnt enter my vendor house.

7. silent death197831

silent death197831 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with you on that and it would give more catagories and a new outlook on deco even for the people who think it is only for large houses. I dowant to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for all the nice words said about mine and gingers homes. She is spectactular at deco and i cant wait to help her with our future designs. All i will say is watch for the spring design it will blow your socks off!!! VIVA LA REVOLUTION of the deco world!!!MUAHAHAHA.
    sry got excited their lmao.
    Good luck to all those who enter and i cant wait to see all the great designs.

8. Miss Smoocher

Miss Smoocher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

this is tonight but theres no time on here to know when we are going

9. Taylor

Did this end up happening? I emailed EM Nestor, but never heard back re: the time of the event.

10. Miss Smoocher

Miss Smoocher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

sadly it never happend :confused:

11. Taylor

The event has been rescheduled. I'm working on a post now, as well as a poll.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!