1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] House of Terror -- A House Deco Contest

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by Sara Of Baja, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

from goldenbrewtavern.com

‘House of Terror’ – A house deco contest
    Monday, October 26, 2009
    By EMSeppo

Announcing a house customization and decoration contest.

Theme: Halloween
    Submission deadline: Tuesday, November 3rd, midnight
    How to submit: Leave a rune in the mailbox located at the reward hall. Take the teleporter at the Counselor’s Hall in West Britain to reach the reward hall. Mark the rune inside your house so that the name of your house is on it.

Winner: will be picked during the Fall bazaar on November 7th.

Rules:
    1) Each submission must have a title and your house should be renamed with this title.
    2) Lock a book at your steps or near to it explaining your design. Please make this book accessible to all. Use a red leaf so that it is not tampered by someone. Also, include the names of the people to whom the credit should be given if you were to be selected as the winner (up to 3 people only please).
    If you have any other questions, leave a comment on "House of Terror", goldenbrew.com

2. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I bet I could win this with a nonsensical haiku as well.

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Some advice from someone who has entered deco contests in the past - if you feel you have new and unique deco and spent hours being creative, try to enter the contest on the last day possible or some classless, thieving shmucks WILL copy your neat new ideas and enter them in the contest.

Anyways, good luck to all the (non shmucky) entrants! :p

4. Mama Faith

Mama Faith Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What she said. =) And SK, maybe you could just put out a jack-o-lantern, call it good and win the contest! :mf_prop:

I just redid my whole house and there's no way I'm going back into customize mode to lose all my stone counters so I'll have to sit this one out. Lady Tyler would definitely have carpal tunnel from having to craft more of them. Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see the entries.

5. Alucius(MT)

Alucius(MT) Guest

Will pictures of the contestant's houses be posted here on the forums? It would be awesome for the non players (like myself) who visit the forums to be able to see the decorated houses. :)

6. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If the locations of the entries are made public, the Stratics Baja news team will have screenshots AFTER the winners are announced.

7. Cadsuane Sedai

Cadsuane Sedai Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Lock each peice down before you go in custome mode.

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

ARGH I am totally idea-less. I'd hate to have to sit the season out, but I'm just not coming up with anything that sounds good to do.

*wonders if beer would help* Hrm!

9. Mama Faith

Mama Faith Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I did several times. I had even gone into customize mode 3 times prior with my counters staying safe and secure (ie, locked down). I still have no idea what happened but if it's a bug, I'm not taking any chances until I have my tinker GM'd. :)