1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News] LS Rares Festival Report

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by AirmidCecht, Jun 13, 2008.

1. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

LS Rares Festival Report

While the last remnants of visitors traveling from other shards have gone along with many goods bought and sold to be sure, there is much to reflect on with the rares festivals hosted by citizens of Lake Superior the first weekend of June.

DVI was the main sponsor of the events, playing host to many collectors anxious to gather in one place. I managed to stop by at various times over the weekend and always found a person or two browsing the vendors set up for this occasion outside the west gates of Luna.

[​IMG]

I managed to purchase an item or two with my meager earnings though the wyrms heart was a tad out of my budget.

[​IMG]

Sometime during the early days of the festival word spread that DVI had a thief enter his home in Luna. By DVI’s own words it was an easy target with an unsecured chest. He made a public message asking for his items to be returned no questions asked in hopes of making contact with this person.

Soon after a letter made of newspaper and magazine clippings in response was seen:
    He admitted with grace his stand on being a rouge and scoundrel always on the look out for the unaware. He paid compliment to DVI as a good passionate player but also one who did not take the care needed to secure his belongings. An offer was made or perhaps it was a dare? Words were exchanged and for a ransom DVI had his belongings returned to him.

Many may see this man, who signed his name in red crayon as Clyde, as someone with no honor but to be sure some honor to the original feel of this world was paid homage too. We become carefree sometimes in our security and a reminder as this is not always a bad thing. Of course this can be said now that DVI was able to reclaim his items albeit for a price. All is well that ends well.

One of the final events set up for everyone’s enjoyment was the Scavenger Hunt hosted by Lady Magdalene of YGV. Upon arriving we each received a book of clues with which to gather the items needed. We also needed to talk to various helpers who asked further questions in order to get to the next item. It was a very well thought out process that challenged each player.

I asked player Chak if I could accompany him on his quest for items and document his journey. He did very well at each check point and while working together my hope was he would finish in time to receive a reward.

We first were asked to find a nice green healthy tea which brought us to Zento. From there we were off to Yew Winery for a shroud and then off to find a few friends with clues and riddles. Each player had a different question to answer in order to get a book to their next clue. I won’t give away the questions just in case they are needed for future events but a few pictures never hurt anyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The winners were:
    1st Meliadoul Tingel Rubble Bench
    2nd Demonous Soulstone token
    3rd Chak Advance Char Token
    4th Scarlet Luna White dye
    5th Blissmarie Proxymous Dragon
    Everyone else after the 5th got a 250k check for finishing the hunt!

I wish to extend a hearty thank you and a welcome matt at the LS moongate for all who wish to return to our shard. It was great meeting players and learning more about the rare items of each shard. Thank you DVI for putting this together and to all who made it a festive event….including Clyde *grins*

2. DVI

DVI Guest

Thank you for attending and for the kind words Airmid!

Due to the excellent turn out it is a certainty that we will be holding the rares festival on LS sometime again in the future, but our next shard on the list is to be Europa, but all are welcome regardless of home shard.

3. DVI

DVI Guest

On a side note both of the houses from the festival and the council are available for sale if anyone is interested or is looking for a home.

4. TirNaNo'g

TirNaNo'g Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The rares festival was a lot of fun! Thank you DVI for hosting!

[​IMG]
    Although I missed the scavenger hunt, this picture makes me think of one thing (apologies to Monty Python):

Questioner: "How many feathers does an eagle produce?"

Participant: "What do you mean?" "A trammel eagle or a felucca eagle?"

Questioner: "I don't know that!"

Airmid: "How do you know so much about eagles?"

Participant: "Hmm, well, you have to know these things when you're a rares collector, you know."

5. Mythic

Mythic Guest

what are you expecting to get for them?

6. DVI

DVI Guest

you'll need to pm or icq me to discuss a price for each.

7. Flaton

Flaton Guest

Lol now thats just funny

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!