1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Mazewood In Peril

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 17, 2005
    I felt a great disturbance in the ether, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

It was Monday, and the sun was falling fast. So it was time to head to the tavern for drink and smoke.
    A day of valor and effort in the never ending battle against Mondain's vile creations is at loss without a night
    exchanging tales. My horse and I came to a slow trot as we neared Mazewood Tavern. I could see the torch light thru the woods,
    but I did not hear the clamor of the crowd, and the clashes of the mugs of ale and mead. As I neared the tavern I heard crying and a came steadily
    to a halt. I was still in the thick of the woods, under cover of night. If I needed to retreat and survive I could. But after some time of observation, I could see the threat
    was long gone. Only the grieving and the observing were present there. I arrived at horror, spread across the acres. The result of life, death
    was predominantly before me. I dragged my feet across the rubble for a good while. exchanging short sentences with the people I saw.
    Darrien Church. That ancient lich! Foul and unreasonable...
    You see, the owner of the establishment was present and survived.
    A few had gathered to speak with her on the third floor of the next building over.
    She spoke of the lich, and it's gatherers. There was chanting for some time, a stir of echoes
    no one would dare near. As word spread, as it does ever so fast, Sosaria's darker ones began to arrive
    at the scene. I made my vague greetings, my slow nods, and soon a moon gate was conjured to allow for a more,
    qualified discussion.

As night fell, we spoke of the fallen.
    We spoke of the lich.
    As much as I wanted to forget what happened,
    and head home, to prepare for my day,
    and my spell, I stayed. I spoke my mind to egg on
    the follies of man. To keep minds occupied, and chaos active.
    I may end up playing a larger roll in all of this.