1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News] New Treasure Map Library Beta Testing

Discussion in 'Imperium News Service' started by Lord Gareth, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Last year we tossed around the idea of Revamping the Treasure Map system but it was put on hold for various other projects. Over the last few weeks Lestat, WildStar and I have been working on completing the project in coordination with Kijustsu Anei, Area 51 and Moria Village. We are just about ready to give it a test run in Tokuno, Malas and Ter'Mur.

The new system is being created by dividing up the land masses into sections and randomly marking runes within each of these sections to cut down on travel time. Obviously you wont need it if the Treasure map is right outside of the Luna gate but for other locations it may be helpful.

The system is free to use and we hope that Treasure Hunters from Chesapeake will help us do some internal shard testing before we release for general testing to RP groups on the Baja, Catskills and Atlantic shards. The Runebooks are located at the H-J RUne library on the first floor of the Community teleport hub, we look forward to your feedback and suggestions for those willing to help.

[​IMG]

2. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I have just finished cutting and pasting the final parts to the Trammel map and hope to have it up tomorrow and overwork our rune markers Lestat and WildStar

I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to the following people for allowing me access to over 1,000 Treasure Maps to create the images; Lady Angelica, Lady Abby Normal, Lady...Janitor Pooper, DreadLord Lestat and Lady Laural. Without you guys it would have taken me forever!!

Large Trammel

UO Stratics *New* | Treasure Maps