1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] New Year, New Event Moderator, Old NewsPro problems!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Blind Otto, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Blind Otto

Blind Otto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Happy New Year!

Tis the 9th year of the Twentieth Sosarian Calendar!
    I declare this, 2009, the year of the lesser-spotted mystic llama herder!

I hope ye will pardon my lengthy silence, good folks of Siege! Pardon, also, the state of the newsprint - that cursed of beasts, NewsPro, is rampaging about madly again, and refusing to do what it is told! Still, the news must get through, even if it takes 7 months to get here! For a better view, try this scroll.
    My life has become overwhelmingly busy, this past year! All in a good way, but still - it has eaten into the time I get to spend blindly blundering about our unique lands! Hopefully 2009 will give me a little more breathing space!

Still, enough about me! On to Siege Perilous!
    I went to Britain yesterday evening, and was lucky enough to bump into our new Event Moderator - Alcor!
    [​IMG]

It seems that he is currently under house arrest, within Britain's Counselor's Guild - the one near Blackthorn's Castle, not the one in East Britain.

[​IMG]

He cannot leave there without the express permission of the Ancient Ones, at least - not yet. However, several of us were able to spend some time talking with him, and a few gave him fashion advice!

From what I hear, this was one of those times when 'twas good to be blind!
    Floppy hats, green shoes, and Counselor's robes do not go well together!

Thankfully, there were a few representatives of the Thieves guild present, so he probably won't have them long.

[​IMG]

But, fashion was not the order of the day. Siege's newest recipient of Order of The N00B wishes to gain an insight into what we would like to see, in the way of events and celebrations!

So, if ye are in and around Britain over the next few days, it would probably be prudent to visit the Counselor's guild, and pass on thy thoughts to Alcor!

I spoke of my wishes to have events that could appeal to all - no small order, that!

I also mentioned that event which many of us would love to see - namely, the destruction of Luna! Or at least, to have the appeal of its guard zone reduced!

We spoke of the complexities of Siege, of the troubles of presenting a truly balanced event, that all could enjoy, and of the ins and outs of faction abilities. The weather, the food, and the multiple timepieces we tend to use here, and more besides.

I must point out, good readers, that Alcor is not one of the Ancient Ones. His powers are, at this point, unclear, but he cannot reshape the land at his leisure, he cannot sense where specific items are, and he cannot change the laws of nature with a gesture.

However, he was able to disappear, walk to the other side of the room, and re-appear. Amazing. I've never seen the like. But then, I am blind. So I probably never will.

Now, it appears that the lesser wits in other realms have been woo'd and awed by their Event Moderators, as they have stood by handing out gifts of sashes.

I am glad to say that our moderator is cut from a sterner cloth. Alcor knew that sashes would be sneered at by the hardy folks of Siege - and so he brought a pile of bandages instead! Very fitting, I thought.

[​IMG]

Regrettably, he was forbidden to speak at length of future plans and events - it seems the Ancient Ones are watching closely, and are quick to ire, yet slow to forgive!

But, Alcor was able to tell us that great things were coming! Of course, the proof will be in the experience, and probably in the dying!

But, I leave this short news article to ye now - I know not all will be able to speak with Alcor in person, but, if ye leave thy thoughts here, on possible events, I am sure he will hear of them!

May this New Year bring all ye wish, or at least, all ye truly need! And may Alcor's time with us be lengthy, filled with fun, and blessed with a better tailor!

[​IMG]

Standard disclaimer to my critics: No, it's not earth shattering news. It's light hearted. Bah. Humbug. And a Happy New Year to you, too!

2. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Good to see you about again Otto!

3. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

:D good stuff!~

4. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Good to hear from you again Otto. Will we be seeing many more news reports in the new year?

5. Blind Otto

Blind Otto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I can only hope! Of course, that depends on my finding that elusive scroll of "add another 24 hours to the day", but anything's possible!