1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News]Questions and comments for EM Seppo

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by Oriana, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As requested by the EM of Baja, Seppo, I'm making this the offical...Get in touch with EM Seppo.

Please leave all your questions and comments here so that Seppo has a nice convenient spot to check to see what we have to say. He can't respond so please keep that in mind. And please keep the trolling out. Input is fine even if negative, but please be constructive about it.

UO Baja Moderator,
    Oriana

Attached Files:

2. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Awesome.

First off, I'd like to inquire whether there will be times when he will be ingame, and at the EM Hall. I'd like the chance to properly greet him, and pick his brain about what plans he has for Baja, and the extent of his "powers", if you can call them that.

I think it'd be nice if we knew when he was ingame, at the EM Hall, so people can visit and chat with him, rather than just leave a message. I'm sure there are other Baja players who would love the opportunity to welcome him to the shard and chat with him, if he has the time.

Also! Where can I pick up a nifty EM robe for myself? =]

3. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My auntie Mama found a book named Seppo's Schedule looked down at Seppos office this afternoon.
    [​IMG]
    In which she found this...
    [​IMG]

He also left a reminder that he will be available unannounced at times so keep your eyes open in both Trammel and Felluca. Both locations in Britain the northern most counselor's hall.

4. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks Oriana!

I had a great time, and learned more about what it is that EMs do. I feel so much more educated now!

5. Biske

Biske Guest

Seppo where you been!?! Wouldn't hurt to stop by once in a while... If nothing else just call or text or something... If you ever want to come over for dinner or maybe attend some duels or watch tv or something you know where to find us.

6. Millie

Millie Guest

I'd just like to tell him I think he's the greatest . I enjoyed meting him and his open manner.

7. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Seppo, Pallando, in the hall. Who is the studliest Britannian of them all? *Checks himself out in the mirror*

Humor aside, Seppo asked me for a picture of Archimedes the Old. I actually took this screenshot in November 2007, at the height of the Magincian Invasion. Archimedes valiently stood against the invading demons, while Julius Dryden cowardly fled to the Covian Graveyard. In other words, Archimedes was slain while Julius Dryden was teleported by a void demon. I've heard through the grapevine; allegedly players were provoking the berserker demons against Archimedes the Old in an attempt to slay him and destroy the last monument to EM Vincent. I've not been able to confirm if this was true or not.

I am fairly certain that his sash was the Obi D'Ense (which currently can be found displayed at the Lycaeum), and his boots were the Royal Guard Boots. I don't know if his robe, stave, or hat posessed any special names or properties.

[​IMG]

8. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I should have some pictures of myself (Archimedes the Old & Judge Dryden) around somewhere, I was quite the shutterbug while playing EM Vincent.

Yup, found my old host folder.

Here is a fullsize of me with Lady Foster!

http://www.crazyjoe.us/emstuffels/funpics/withfoster.jpg

9. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Always Present

Ah, I loved puns. Yes, it was the Obi D'Ense. And EM Vincent wore hot pink fuzzy bunny slippers which were made of love. The Robe and Hat didn't have any other names, but the Crook did... another pun which I can't quite remember at the moment.

10. WarderDragon

Greetings, CrazyJoe! *Smiles*

After having the chance to meet with our new event moderators, I brought up the destruction of the ongoing battle between the two commanders, Archimedes and Julius. Apparently, the developers were going to lock down everything so that the historical locations wouldn't be affected; but greedy rubble-seeking players still found a way to break ours on Baja.

I cannot speak for Seppo or Pallando; but I think Seppo intends to do something about it in the future.

11. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Always Present

The Crook was named, "Eymknota" or something.

As in, "I'm Not A Crook"

12. WarderDragon

*Laughs* Awesome! I will pass that along. :)

13. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

Open invitation to all EMs to come to the 11th Anniversary Events on Baja, if you can get permission.

WildStar
    Grand Duchess
    Kingdom of Dawn

14. Ceno of MT

Ceno of MT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just wondering if there is an updated book? Never met him yet and would love to talk to him

15. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hail Lords Seppo & Pallando,

Word has reached me that thou art seeking folks to speak for, or represent, Britannian cities and towns in upcoming informational exchanges.

Is this so? If so, I would be honored to gather and poll citizens of Trinsic. I was born in the forests of Trinsic, raised by the Paladins of Trinsic, fought back the forces that invaded Trinsic, and currently sponsor the staff at the Trinsic Royal Guardpost (located upon Barrier Isle).

I await your pleasure and your response.

Lord Elladan Faeryn, Legendary Paladin of Trinsic

16. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ivan, Seppo is kind of hard to catch. But he and Pallando are usually around before and after events. Just keep peeking in at their offices in Britain. I'm sure eventually you will bump into him.

17. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Definitely meet up with him if you can, Ivan. EM Seppo's an interesting guy, and has plenty of great ideas cooking up. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with him myself.

18. WarderDragon

I almost forgot!

Here are the BNN Articles related to the construction of the Skara Brae Faire Ground. I must've gotten these articles confused with another one that mentions a Lord Nicholas.

Wealthy Land Owner Passes On - August 13th, 2000

Skara Brae Craftsmen Unusually Busy - August 14th, 2000

Skara Brae Faire Grounds Constructed - August 15th, 2000

Unfortunately, the ends of the articles seem to be cut off. I will see if I can find them in an alternate location. I haven't checked the archives on UOHerald yet.

19. WarderDragon

Now, here are the articles related to the Festival of Spirits.

An Invitation to the Festival of Spirits - August 20th, 2000

Feast of Spirits Reminder - August 27th, 2000

Feast of Spirits A Huge Success! - September 11th, 2000

Note: The Golden Globe Players were the theatrical band of actors and playwrights associated with the Golden Brew Tavern and the Golden Knights. Their name came from "The Golden Globe", a player-theater established right next to the Golden Brew in the original village of Golden. They were alternately known as "The Golden Brew Players" and "The Golden Knight Players."

20. WarderDragon

Announcing "The Championship Horse-Racing League - October 10th, 2000

21. WarderDragon

Here is information pertaining to the Baja Chef's Faire. I believe this was the event that Magdalena and Xel the Wanderer was refering to. It took place at the Darkmor Tavern, which might have had to do with Sleath Von Darkmor (a resident of Heaven's Forge all those years ago).

Freeborn Press: The Baja Chef's Faire - April 26th, 2001.

Ah, another historical note. This was posted by Nobody of Avalon, who went on to be Seer Sannio, and later Community Manager Sannio.

22. WarderDragon

Ah, I found this to be very interesting!

This is the invitation to the very first BSR Tournement, posted on April 4th, 2001. At the time, the tournement was actually known as the Archer's Faire.

Freeborn Press: Archers Faire (Trammel) - April 4th, 2001

23. Millie

Millie Guest

EM Seppo , could you please please darken you emotes and speech colors. I miss a lot of the event talk because I have not so good eyes and can't see the lighter colors very well . I can't see the tan at all or most of the lighter yellows. I know I am only one person so I'll understand if you don't, won't or can't, but it never hurts to ask.
    Thank you.

24. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Millie do you by chance use UO Assist. If not, not much you can do. If so, on the display tab on assist, the lower right corner, there is a drop down for speech, you can choose the color everyone's text displays for you, including the emotes. I'm partial to red myself, but you can chose which ever is best for you. Hope this helps.

25. Millie

Millie Guest

Oh I didn't know that . Thank you!

26. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hello Seppo & Pallando,

Following this past weekend's "Fire & Ice" event, many UO Stratics/Baja posters and readers have expressed THANKS for your efforts to bring "live content" events to Baja. However, many have also expressed displeasure, disgust, and shame at the appalling speech & misbehavior of several of our citizens.

Is there anything either of you may suggest to those of us who seek civil & mature behavior at future events??? Is there any way we may aid you in improving future folks behavior? Is there anyone at EA we may write, call, email, etc., in attempts to aid you in having improved environments to work in going forward? Or is it totally out of our hands to "police & improve" upon inappropriate speech and actions?

I think most are eager to help if possible. If improvement simply isn't possible, at least knowing even that may reduce folks angst.

If you are unable to respond here, PM a reply if permited or find any other way to express your views (including in game).

Elladan of Baja

27. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Elladan,
    The EMs can and do read the forums, however they MAY NOT post on them. They have a website where they can and do post, and where players may leave feedback, etc.

28. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Sara,

I doubted the EM's could post openly, hoped they could use private messages, and know with certainty they are able to speak to us in game.

I merely added my comments here because the Thread asks for them and indicates the EM's are allowed to read here.

I will also visit the web site you link to.

Elladan of Baja

29. WarderDragon

The event moderators used to have the power to "telestorm" troublemakers. I wonder if they will get that power back eventually...?

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!