1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

News reporters?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Tomas_Bryce, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Hello, does Europa have any active news reporter? It is very difficult to follow EM events since the last official news is from over a dozen events ago.

I am trying to get into the events on Europa since I live in Europe and cannot follow the events on my home shard due to time zone differences. But it is bit difficult to do so because all the posts related to the events are not tagged as news.

Surely, there are plenty of qualified people who can do this job on Europa? You guys are famous for being custodians of your lore, after all!

Bringing this up for attention since no one else has said anything as far as I can tell.

2. Hex_Europa

Hex_Europa Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The News team should be Kiminality & Mapper, not sure if this still stands

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

that's correct. Mapper is the news manager, Kimi is the reporter.

4. I was just talking to Axl about that this morning. I have been going to the EM events as many as I can make and there has been nothing posted on Stratics Europa for a while. I think also if we could get more info out to people more people would show up to the EM events. Our EM's have a ongoing story and we meet about 2 times a week. I would love it if we had more events going on such as player run events as well. We have a auction every wed night(E&A Auction) and once a month they do an event which i attended for the first time this week and it was wonderful. Also we have another auction in Luna I believe being held once a month. It seems most stuff is posted here but it needs to be on the Europa Stratics info as well.

5. callum_fitzhugh

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

When I was News reporter I often used to c/p things into a News format and publish it via the News feature.

That used to take me maybe 10 mins sometimes - it really doesnt take that long to make an article into a News item. Just credit the original poster and most times they dont mind.

6. Leto

Leto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've given up on the Europa Stratics News Team years ago....

Luckily we have the Trinsic Baecon!

7. cheerful

cheerful Guest

As for the events themselves they are generaly posted here by myself, Flame, Callum and others and although they wont have the [NEWS] tag they do say 'event' with day and time attached. Although thinking about it 'EM event' would probably clarify the issue better.

I'm one of those people that would like to see greater coverage of the events because as was stated, this is Europa history unfolding before us with a chance for everyone to be involved in that history courtesy of our EM's.

*It would be better if the EM's could post the events here, I know they are not allowed to but dont know the reasoning behind it.*

8. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

That's nice but there has been not a single piece of news in weeks despite many news worthy items. Perhaps a recruitment drive? I have been bugging Escaflowne to become a reporter since he is already reporting a fair bit.

This really needs to be sorted either way. I hope someone volunteers - I unfortunately and shamefully do not have the time or necessary contacts on Europa to do it.

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Apologies for the lack of news, folks.

I've had some stuff going on, which has kept me from being involved in UO.
    In fact, since reinstalling this computer, I haven't even managed to install UO, yet. So I'm more in the dark about what's going on that you guys, at the moment.
    Although, I am planning to brute-force UO back into my schedule. so, soon after that happens, and I've caught up, I'll be able to post up-to-date news.

On a related note, it does seem there's romm for another reporter ;)

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We'd be delighted to have another reporter. My last reporter recruiting attempt got applications from a couple of people with no posts whom I never heard from again, and Kimi. I can't force people to volunteer to do it :(

11. I would be intrested in looking into what it takes to become a reporter for the Europa shard, so if you do a recruitement I would fill out the application :)