1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Sad News from EM Kanmare

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Andrasta, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

Heya Everyone,

It is with heavy heart that I am moving from Atlantic to service other shards within the EM program. Due to my work commitments, I was only available on weekends for you guys and I feel that you deserve to have an EM team that is more accessible to you than that.

I know it has been hard for you all with people coming and going.. here's hoping that Nestor and the new partner he will soon have are able to stay and provide you with a rich program you can all be part of.

If you should wish to stay in touch, my email has not changed and I will reply.

I have enjoyed working with you all and will not forget my time on a shard rich in history and active in its participation in the world we all love.

Yours,

EM Kanmare.
    [email protected]

PS - You are welcome to post this.. a special thank you to the reporters of Atlantic for your help publicizing events and keeping the greater shard aware of happenings.

2. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

On behalf of Goodman's Rune Library...

I would like to thank EM Kanmare & EM Vytacca for their service on Atlantic. I especially appreciated the special way you helped me preserve a great man's name. We all appreciated the consideration of our shard's history and traditions.

Best Wishes to you both,

Andrasta
    Goodman's Rune Library

3. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That explains the rather rare EM events in Atlantic. Hopefully EM Nestor can step up as well as keep us informed on future events in advance.

4. Saris

Saris Guest

Best of luck to you, I hope you find a more peacefull crowd.

:)

I also hope we did not drive Nestor off already, Kinda worries me that every time an EM shows up the shard fills up with e-tards that try and ruin everything.

Thanks for your work!

5. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

holy ****ing ****balls.:wall:

6. Cear Dallben Dragon

besides that,
    Goodbye Kanmare. you were the best one we had.
    :(

7. Nh'bdy

Nh'bdy Guest

A wonderful EM has been taken from us.

WHAT THE FRAK
    SERIOUSLY?!

8. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

I told you all and you wouldn't listen... obviously. The next step is when you all realise you would LOVE if I was still their boss.

Of course, like I give a damn anymore.

When I realised EA deleted all my chars on my old account, I asked them if they could transfer my gametime to the account Morgana gave me that has a playable character, they refused and gave me 30 free days on my empty account. It took me two months to build up my character.

When I asked if I could have the 30 free days on the other account they basically told me that they could not do it, and withheld the reason.

To protest I told them very crudely that they were assholes and I would not even play on the 30 free days, which is what just happened... and guess what, nothing happened in two months here anyways, nothing. No added play value from the freeshards that ABOUND, nothing.

I am constantly looking for a way to kill myself that will not leave me dreaming about my demise, if anyone has any ideas... perhaps the nobel comitee would reward such a genius idea... since they leave people like Royal Rife and Jim Humble in the dark. Such synchronistic names too, its just like the world was set-up alright... freakin **** !

9. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Can you try not to derail every thread that is created on Atlantic boards with your eccentric spiel?

10. Cear Dallben Dragon

Lets expand on this a little bit.

11. Ahuaeyjnkxs

I know you hate me, but I'm not being exentric... that would mean I have something to gain from being far off my center.

But it's plainly clear that noone gives a damn about me or my pain, so why do I continue ?

Lemme answer with another question ; is UO just a game ?

Did anyone really feel that FINALLY an EM had DEPTH and tried to make this playground a little bit interesting with philosophies ?

She's going away because she has only weekends ? BULLPOO !

Lets stop being sheep and be the community we aspire to be... in a community people are in SERVICE to each other. We all pay 15$ a month for what ?

I would be EXTREEMLY curious about seeing some graphics here, do we really get what we pay for ? Is it REALLY such a hard thing to hire 3 EMs instead of 2 ?!

And you say I am being exentric ! PFFT ! EA is being exentric !

She is being kicked off center just like Cear was kicked off center years ago.

Bzzt : ouch... Bzzt : ouch... Bzzt :danceb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPI-rSwAQNg

This is sir Gariott himself... rotational innertia ? never heard about that... bzzt...

12. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You will be sorely missed, EM Kanmare. As you leave us, I hope that you feel a sense of fulfillment and success, for you served our shard well. On behalf of United We Fight, we wish you godspeed.

Personal Regards,

Fallon Valor

13. Ahuaeyjnkxs

And indeed... I bow to lady Kanmare for being more than the best we had, she was awesome and I loved how she was and how she did it.

Am I the ONLY one who actually thinks about protesting this decision ?

I feel like doing the same thing forever... I'll pay the monthly fee and not play one single hour, forever...

14. Mairut

Mairut Guest

Thank you both, EM Kanmare and EM Vytacca, for your service to the Atlantic shard...

May you both find good fortune on your future endeavors, and a better crowd :thumbsup:

15. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ah... of the EM's I've met, Kanmare was definately my favourite, very kind and funny :)

I'm sad to hear of you leaving Atlantic, but hope you find a better crowd that better appreciates what you're doing

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!