1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Siege Perilous Tour Event

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Luka Melehan, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Tour of Siege Perilous Event

[​IMG]

Invitations went out last week for a tour of our veteran shard, Siege Perilous on Sunday March 8th at 7pm est. Response to these invitations was very encouraging. Our intent was to provide a non-discouraging introduction to the ruleset and environment and allow questions to be asked and answered. There was a nice turnout of approximately six individuals from other shards, as well as a variety of Siege folk to welcome them from RPers to PKs to smelly orcs.

Hoffs prepared a detailed summary about life on Siege to share with our guests which was delivered to a very interested audience. Some in attendance were here for the very first time. While others had had a variety of experiences in thier efforts to survive on our shard. They soon came to see that there are very tried and true ways to approach Siege to make this a very rewarding experience.

[​IMG]

After a question and answer session...and cookies...we started on our tour. First stop was the tavern at Gilfane where Hoffs spoke of his community and upcoming events.

[​IMG]

Next up was a stop at the tavern in Iantown, where a very sentimental Kelmo spoke of the Iantown that once was and where many of us would like to see it go in the future.

[​IMG]

The last community on our tour was Wispwood, a town long known for RP and long running storynights. Bruin spoke to us here, I believe.

[​IMG]

NO tour of Siege Perilous would be complete without a run through the infamous Luna....

I suppose...

[​IMG]

Last stop was the NEW guild hall. The purpose and nature of this guild had already been explained and with this welcome from the community, several folk joined.

All in all, a very successful event which I hope will be repeated regularly. These folk got to meet some of the real people behind the the stigma of the shard and found there are more than just PKing of the innocent. (While that does abound as well)

[​IMG]

I would like to give a warm thanks to Hoffs for hosting and organizing the event, to community leaders for being present to receive guests, QZ for baking and other supplies, to Hoffs again for the supply of leather and to those who made armor and arcane in preparation for the possibility of raids.

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Thanks for the news article, Luka. Good job.

3. archite666

archite666 Guest

amazing screen shot, was that my firebomb?

You must have been super quick to catch that.