1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News] Take That Atlantic

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by WarderDragon, Sep 21, 2009.

1. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

Weren't Atlantic, Chesapeake, and Catskills suppose to be the active shards? Who says Baja is dead?

[​IMG]

2. Yalp

Yalp Guest

...and we have Girl Scouts!.. and Operation Royal Flush!

3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

The girl scouts are old...<Troop 69> on Great lakes disbanded about a year ago but the characters are still around,

there are

Thin Mints x2
    A girl Scout x 2
    Den Mother
    Samoas
    Oatmeal Raisin
    Snicker Doodle

And a few others i forget the names of, as you can see it was all about the cookies!!!

4. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

A friend pointed me to this thread.

Atlantic shard does not make use of Stratics to the extent as some of the other shards. As such, if you are interested in finding community related news on Atlantic, you will be hardpressed to find the entire picture on Stratics.

RP news can be found at: Atlantic Roleplaying Community Boards (11.5K posts and counting)

If you are interested in Atlantic PvP related chatter (PG-13), then you should look at the UO Atlantic Forums (152K posts and counting).

Lastly, shard jingoism is bit over the top. No?

5. Cadsuane Sedai

Cadsuane Sedai Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It was al in fun....

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Atlantic is hotter. :lick:

7. WarderDragon

It is all in fun. :thumbup:

I was just scrolling through Stratics last night, and I had an epiphany. A year ago, you heard people talking about the Death of Baja. That we had no community. That it was an empty shard. Roleplaying was dead. PvP was dead.

Now, we have people from other shards praising us for the maturity of our players. We have the most active roleplaying community on the West Coast. We have some rockin' PvP guilds. We have arguably the two coolest Event Moderators on the team. We have an awesome News and Moderator Crew. And we have Xel. So I am feeling proud of my shard right now.

8. Yalp

Yalp Guest

Nope. But thanks for coming to play with our toys. :thumbup:

9. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Is that why, when you pick the %FULL button on the UO log-in page Baja is higher that Atlantic. Altanic is 5th from the bottom.:lick:

10. Nh'bdy

Nh'bdy Guest

[​IMG]

You know, I was thinking about a Zuul reference, but man Zod was a great villain. Any particularly Spry Bajans should take a picture of our bank, skew it maybe 35/25 and put it over the prison they put Zod in, ooh wait, I already thought of that!

Your's Truly,
    ~Nh'bdy

11. Ceno of MT

Ceno of MT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

1. I use to play atlantic for a short time and just about everyone i knew had at "least" 3 accounts.

2. This topic was posted about how we are more "active" as in events. Sure Baja isnt one of the biggest servers, but we have one of the better EMs who has taken our shards history and tried to tie them into the stories. Casca set war on some of the guilds because they claimed to be their own kingdom. Baja's EMs have been very respectful of our shard and its players.
    We have an RPer who took his char and guarded the bank, our EMs saw this and made the Town Royal Guards to protect the city of Brit.
    We had players tame a pet dog and gave it to Casca saying it was his and the EMs rolled with it and has since been mentioned in stories. (Sadly the dog was killed off but thats life)

3. As like everyone else has stated, the comment was all in fun. I have visited the RPing forums for atlantic a few times looking for members of The Mage Tower or anyone that knew any of them.

12. WarderDragon

Well, I hope everyone can remember this is just a joke. I'm not saying we're better or worse than Atlantic. There has been the joke that someday, we'll be bigger and more active than Atlantic (being the biggest and most active shard on Ultima Online), so I got a giggle out of seeing that.

Please don't take it the wrong way. It was all in fun.

And is it just me, or does Zod possess a faint resemblance to our famous Wanderer? Of course, Zod isn't nearly intoxicated enough, but the resemblance is there.

13. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hail Folks,

My Sosarian Sojourn began upon Atlantic. Most back then put down roots which like the Yew trees grew deeper and deeper.

I however, met a visitor from Baja. An ingenious fellow who invited me to come to Baja. I created a Character there and sought out this ingenious fellow. I asked if he would consider accepting me as his Squire.

He laughed. But I was persistent. He relented and our Journey together began.

12 years later, even the Yew trees have become envious of my roots upon Baja.

I find the shards...different, rather than better or worse than one another. And yet, Baja has something unique which I find nowhere else.

Me!

*smiles*

14. Zyron

Zyron Guest

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!!!

AINO REMEMBERED.. SUNDAY SUNDAY....

BEEEEEEE TTTHHHHHEEEERRREEEEEE:party: