1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] The Final Battle for Sosaria!

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by Martyna Zmuir, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

From EM Malachi:

http://uo.stratics.com/news/GreatLakes.shtml#newsitem1252004976,38927,

The Final Battle, Part 1 (Felucca)
    Friday, September 4th, 9pm CST
    This first part will take place in Felucca and almost certainly contain PvP combat and Faction fighting. Gates will be provided from the various Faction strongholds and from the Trammel West Britain Counselor’s Hall.

The Final Battle, Part 2 (Trammel)
    Saturday, September 5th, 7pm CST
    The second part will start at the Trammel West Britain Counselor’s Hall.

More information will be provided at http://greatlakes.uoem.net.

2. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well crap, I always miss these.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah me too :/

4. Techthys

Techthys Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm so happy that I'm forced to wait for a 332MB patch to the classic client before I can log in to this. That was a nice surprise right before this event. I don't think EA Mythic (or whatever they're called today) bothered to check the event schedules before implementing this patch. Not cool.

5. neonmagician

neonmagician Guest

That was one of the rougher events in terms of lagging and crashing. It would have been a lot more fun, except I kept crashing and then having to get rezzed when I got back in. My sympathies on the patch timing, but cancel worked wonders :)

6. Baskum

Baskum Guest

Ok well all the Rp'ers can gleefully tell the story of how Brit was saved. la dee da. EA-Mythic totally dropped the ball. I have been following this story-arc since it's inception. I knew what time I had to be in-game tonight and the patch was utter garbage. And then when I caught up had I not known to say Triumph I wouldn't have even saw the final battle. And yep I crashed once I got in there.

So glad the people in the know once again get all the spoils. I simply just wanted to participate and have a chance at the spoils. That didn't even happen. To the EM's this was out of your control - so I am not blaming you.. It's too bad they can't do another shard revert. This is one time where I think it would be JUSTIFIABLE.

What a crummy way for the climax of this storyline to be screwed up like this. >:-(

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

The patch was increadibly poorly timed, and the bile should be directed squarely at the EA Mythic.

However, this patch could be canceled and you could still log in (not that this was common knowledge)

As for people being 'in the know' for this event, that is complete BS. No player knew anything more than another.