1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[News]The Kingdom of Dawn Announces 12th Anniversary Book Contest Winners

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by Baja News, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Baja News

Baja News Guest

Kingdom of Dawn 12th Anniversary
    Player-Written Book Contest Winners!

The Kingdom of Dawn would first like to thank several generous citizens of Baja for donating gold and other items to the prize fund which totaled 2.1 Million Gold Pieces. We would also like to thank the judges, who shall remain anonymous, and the contestants who entered the contest. A total of six (6) books entries were received, however one was not PG-13 and the author withdrew it as editing it would ruin the entry. The books will be available in the Kingdom of Dawn Malas Outpost located just west of Umbra.

The winners are:

1st place - Lady and the Orgess by Magdalena Canzione of Queen Shieba's Alliance (QSA)
    2nd place - Beth and Nathan by An Vas Zu of The Mage Tower (MT)
    3rd place - A Happy Fool by Happy Fool of The Mage Tower (MT)

The prizes are:

1st - 1,000,000 gold pieces and a Changeling Contribution Statue from the Britannia Royal Zoo
    2nd - 650,000 gold pieces and two decorative white century plants or two decorative white peculiar 4 barrel cactuses
    3rd - 450,000 gold pieces and two decorative white century plants or two decorative white peculiar 4 barrel cactuses

The Royal Council
    Kingdom of Dawn

posted by Sara of Baja

More...

2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats to all. :thumbup1:

3. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Will the books be put on display?

4. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

"The books will be available in the Kingdom of Dawn Malas Outpost located just west of Umbra."

WildStar

5. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i think we are all hopeless romantics

6. Magdalena Chef

Magdalena Chef Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Once again, Happy 12th Anniversary to the Kingdom of Dawn and the Duchess. All of the festivities planned for the celebration were quite amazing, from the Celebrity Auction (I think Seppo falls into the "infamous" category), to the Scavenager Hunt (cursed Yattering), tour (I never realized how huge Dawn was), and the Ball. All involved did an excellent job. Everything was so much fun.

Of course, thank you and the judges for picking my story as a winner. I am deeply honored.