1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Toss Nets Crabcakes!

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by DevilsOwn, Jan 23, 2010.

1. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Fishermen, warriors, mages, peasants and pets anxiously waiting for EM Tashik to toss out the first net at Buc's Den tonite...........

[​IMG]

.....were not disappointed! The waters rippled and swelled and an army of awakened, and angry, serpents, kraken and leviathans swished towards the docks with hunger in their eyes and small dead fish stuck in their teeth.

[​IMG]

Conquering and looting was fast and furious and before we knew it the time had come to say good night to Tashik. He left with a promise of another net toss, but perhaps in a brand new location!

We have had reports of crabcakes being looted from the night's catch, and if anyone could provide a peek at one of these it would be much appreciated!

Thank you, Tashik! We look forward to the next event on the seas of Legends!

[​IMG]

2. DevilsOwn

3. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can tell the events in uo are really something to behold now...(sarcasm)

I mean there is what, 6-10 people at that "event"
    and then they all bring dragons. It seems like more and more events I see there are those god damned awful super dragons. You cant see much and not everyone likes to use a tamer...

I can see why people get pissed bout the events.

4. DevilsOwn

I don't see a solution for this. For most events the greaters are not really needed, there are enough warriors/archers/mages to handle most anything that is tossed at us but you really cannot eliminate a class.

hmm.... not eliminate a class, but eliminate all but one, perhaps? what if there were a mage-only event... or archer-only or whatever... and the EMs could just toss out of the area anyone not complying with the event scenerio?

I don't know what the answer is, Omni. As for the turnout... well, maybe if you were there some more people might have come along :lol:

5. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What she said...

And as for turnout, for me it was an improptu event, I didn't find out about it until about an hour beforehand. There were more peeps there than you see, since I couldn't do enough damage to get looting rights, i settled back into the role of healer, and had the limit of bars onscreen to heal, and couldn't get everyone. And no, no pets, I figured a GD should be able to handle a serpent without me healing it :mf_prop:

Oooh, yeah, I like the idea of class-specific events, maybe not exclusively, but mixed in with the overall events :)

6. Lord Cuda

Lord Cuda Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Make the tamers use drakes or the new battle lizards! Then again I wasnt there so to each their own. But it is just a tad bit of an overkill to use greaters for fishing :gee:

Next one should be all participants without armor and no hiding of any kind. Lets see how many hang around then for crab cakes :lol:

7. DevilsOwn

tsk

Cuda...... you just wanna see

legs :lol:

8. [LGND]

[LGND] Guest

If anyone is looking to buy crabcakes, send me a pm.

9. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

tamers with their giant dragons are so pathetic. and so is the guy above me whose trying to sell his reward not a day after the event. why doesn't tashik just give everyone who participates 10mil gold?