1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] Umbra's Spooktastathon Celebration

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Fallon Valor, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Fallon Valor

Fallon Valor Guest

ATLANTIC--The Halloween 2009 event has come to an end. Freshly-healed gypsies are making their way back to the Minoc gypsy camp. Atlantians everywhere - some sporting crimson Conjurer's Garbs, many more binding crimson wounds inflicted by the monstrous Harbinger - are beginning to realize how busy they have been over this holiday season. In fact, some may find that, due to their commitment to the Halloween event, they failed to dedicate enough time toward trick-or-treating.

Thanks to The Order of the Ebon Skull, as well as the City of Umbra and Dragonstorm Marketplace, Atlantic adventurers will have another opportunity to collect tasty holiday treats. Atlantians attending this event should expect three things: candy, hidden rares, and blood. According to the announcement by the event organizers, the know details of this event are as follows:

This event is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, 18 November 2009 and 8:00 PM EST. Attendees are asked to congregate in the City of Umbra at the Wailing Banshee Inn.

[​IMG]

2. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you very much for posting this!

I know it overlaps the EM event this week, but we look forward to seeing those who are able to attend. Come celebrate in the city where the undead roam the street everyday! *grins*

3. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

This event is tonight at 8pm EST.
    Look forward to seeing some of the global community there!

4. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd like to thank everyone for coming. We hope you all had a blast and came home with some great souvenirs of our event. Thank you all.

5. rock909

rock909 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I just came back from like 2001 and I must say this event was really awesome. I only had my newbie thief but I still found some cool stuff, the harbringers were awesome, just couldn't help with no warrior skills haha but AWESOME event guys seriously... Things like this makes me continue playing the game with all these events...

6. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!!!!
    Re-emergence of the Order of the Ebon Skull

An interesting night indeeeeeeed.....I showed up a bit early...just to look around and I found a small group of people standing around by the inn. Some had just woken up.
    [​IMG]

Then a moongate opened and this happened...

[​IMG]

The people were called to form a line and one by one received: a runebook of EM and RP locations. Murky Milk, 100 pieces of candy (everyone destroyed their teeth immediately) and some pumpkin pizza.

Then the festivites began. People blitzed thru the town as random loot appeared everywhere. For a solid twenty minutes a flurry of people racked up the goodies. in total I banked:
    3 scarecrows
    2 dyed lamp posts
    2 totems
    1 red bonsai tree
    3 dyed book stacks
    1 ghoul statue
    1 venom sack
    1 Navery's Web
    2 ruined tapestries
    1 cocoon
    1 vampire bat
    1 gruesome standard
    1 gravestone
    and Two Large Pieces of Blackrock
    :drool:

there was much much more. Enough to keep 20-30 people running the city for about 15 minutes.

Everyone at the bank started to head to the necromancer arena, something about harbingers. I had a rune there so i just recalled from

:heart:Here:heart:
    [​IMG]

To

:stretcher:INSTANT DEATH AND CHAOS!!!!!!!:stretcher:

[​IMG]

after staring in awe and the brown bear crawling after the naked dead mans body, I unleashed my wrath for about two seconds until half of us ended up here.

[​IMG]

I ended up here a good 4 times. definatly glad i had a rune to the arena.
    A total of 4 were spawned. it was a fantastic death fest.
    All had a grand time and were welcome back anytime.
    [​IMG]

7. Norture

Norture Guest

It was pretty fun, I was amazed at how long it took for the harbingers to go down. I hope people enjoyed the loot, I was amazed at the sheer amount of it. Mmmm, loot.