1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] UOHerald: Bank Contest Winners Announced!

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Sara Of Baja, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

From UOHerald News
    -----------------------------
    Bank Renovation Results
    Chrissay Zeeman
    20 Feb 2009 13:22:11 EST

We would like to thank everyone for submitting their entries to the West Brit Bank Renovation contest. Judging was very difficult as we had so many great entries. As much as we would have liked to use all of the submitted designs, we are only able to place one on each shard. Our thanks and kudos to everyone who submitted an entry. Congratulations to the following winners:

Shard Player

Atlantic: Vladimir
    Baja: Arlon Elanesse
    Catskills: Sweety
    Chesapeake: Gareth
    Drachenfels: Thenon
    Europa: Slugmaster
    Formosa: La Chocolaterie
    Great Lakes: Cocopuff
    Lake Austin: Bliss Marie
    Lake Superior: Stupid Miner
    Legends: Devils own (2nd
    Napa Valley: Maiden Millie
    Oceania: MissEcho3
    Pacific: Red Riding Hood
    Siege: Ikichet
    Sonoma: Drakelord

Congratulations to all of the winners!

We will provide screen shots of the designs once they are placed on each shard. We hope to have all of the designs placed on each of the shards within the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone who submitted their entries.
    -----------------------------
    I don't see a winner for Origin on the list, and have to wonder what happens on the shards didn't have winners.

To view the thread on UHall, click here

(The Baja winner just happens to be Oriana's rl husband.)

2. why no origin ??/

3. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know why, Anon McDougle. Perhaps if enough of us ask that question on the UHall thread, we'll get an answer?

4. HEHE i did post there first but hoped for and got some kinda answer here first !!!

5. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Send in feedback and as Sara suggested post on the Uhall post. There may have been some details that were over looked, or even waiting to hear from the winner due to changes. These are just a few ideas, no clue why it didn't happen.

6. BAH no common sense in my get the pitchforks and torches thread please !!!

7. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Anon McDougle has started a No Bank For Origin thread on Uhall. Here's a link to that thread if you would like to read it and/or post in it, too.
    Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

8. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Something about not meeting minimum requirements, but no details of course. Great.

9. The rules for the contest were rather conflicting on what you could and could not do.

I did see some of the first pictures of what people had designed for the bank on UHall, but shortly after they changed the deadline for submissions. Some of them probably didnt meet the rules at tht point, but wow!...there was some awesome bank designs there!

Its to bad that you couldnt actually redesign the entire bank inside and out. I think the turn out was rather small for the reason of not understanding exactly what you could do.

They should maybe now just have a contest for the folks of Origin so we could at least get in on having a newly decorated bank.