1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] West Brit Bank gets a Refreshing New Look! Congratulations Vladimir!

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Andrasta, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

West Brit Bank gets a Refreshing New Look!
    Congratulations Vladimir!

Excitement was in the air today as our beloved Draconi unveiled the Winning Design for the West Britain Bank Renovation contest. We watched very intently as he placed the water, grass, and rocks.

[​IMG]

The crowds grew larger as he added the final elements of Vlad's design. It was so nice to see people return to West Bank Britain. The garden atmosphere makes it a relaxing place to sit and visit. You can fish in the stream and there is even a working hitching post.

[​IMG]

It was wonderful to see EM Kanmare and EM Vytacca freed from their Counsellor Building and able to join us on the roof.

[​IMG]

If you would like to visit one of the amazing house designs Valdimir has built please drop by Goodman's Rune Library (red rune on left front arcane circle) or Winterbreeze Library (front foyer). I highly recommend you take the time if you love decor. Vlad has some really unique elements in his house.

[​IMG]

All in all it was a very invigorating afternoon for Britain, our capital city, and I sincerely hope we can incorporate the moongate in the area as well as a nice big plaque with Vlad's name on it.

[​IMG]

Cheers to Draconi & the Dev Team for this contest!

What wonderful idea to bring the community back to West Brit Bank and what a great way to revitalize old buildings!

Can we do Magincia next? I'd sure like to take a try at one!

Good Job Vlad! Thanks for your beautiful design and hard work.

Andrasta
    Atlantic Shard Reporter
    GRL

2. Stuffa

Stuffa Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is good. The only thing that bothers me about it is that we suddenly have a little stream / river rocking across the top of the bank... which appears to come from nowhere, and go to nowhere. The lack of continuity makes me cry

Looks good though

3. Valentina

Valentina Guest

Eek. I agree. Its very pretty... as a garden. As the roof of a building... no! Granted this is fantasy land, but still!

4. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Here are 2 of the many screenies i took :)

[​IMG]

Draconi on Lunchbreak

[​IMG]

And our EMs checking it out

btw , bashing the design without having spent the time and effort to create and submit one themself is allways easy.....

5. Well said...and I said something similar in another thread...but...I think you will always have some people that like a particular design, and others that don't. I just hope that anyone stating that they don't care for the look can do so with respect to Vlad.

I think it is really awesome that a UO player has a building that he/she designed in game!!

6. Mirage

Mirage Guest

What does that have to with anything?

Just because I didn't design one, I'm not entitled to an opinion?

Mir

7. Mirage

Mirage Guest

I agree...I just wish it was something a little different. :p

Mir

8. AtlanticVlad

Stratics Veteran

Its a fountain people... a fountain it recycles water... form the pond type area at the bottom... or it would have to go off the bank and into the moat... and it doesn't

9. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

its the least attractive bank of the winners and shows the absolute least continuity.

10. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

This new look makes me very sad.

I liked WBB when it was in Britain... Now I feel like I should see Alice or a giant Caterpillar smoking a hookah up there.