1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Next Publish Details

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Escaflowne, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

any idea when this next global event will take place..i may need some time off work ..lol

3. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I hope it lasts a little while so we all get a good chance.

4. o Kraken o

o Kraken o Guest

The shard of immotality sure has a cool and enigmatic description!

I understand the part about how a shard "responds to the user’s karma". But what does it mean, that this response to a player's karma is used to "play upon the fate in the worlds within"?

Fate? Worlds within? Does it mean the shard will grant you a random bonus (Fate) of some kind for as long as you remain within the abyss (the worlds within) and this bonus is affected by a modifier determined by your karma score? Hmm...

What do you think it means?

5. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think it will be like a really cool snowglobe - instead of shaking it and snow falls on the world within, your karma can affect the shard as in plagues, volcanos, etc or..y'know, good stuff :)

6. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot

That would be cool!

7. cheerful

cheerful Guest

8. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We know that every Shard of the Gem of Immortality contains a mirror copy of Sosaria, each following a different fate. Europa itself is encased in a Shard. But this is also recursive! The Shards found within Europa in turn contain other copies of Sosaria, and so on, potentially ad infinitum!

"The world within" is the copy of Sosaria trapped in the Shard, and apparently the fate of this world can be influenced by the karma of the owner of the Shard.

In practice, I think that the Shards of the Gem of Immortality will be decorative items that, when double-clicked, give different messages depending on your karma.

If you have positive karma you might get a message like "An era of peace brings prosperity and happiness to the world within the shard", but if you're a Dread Lord you might get a message like "A terrible war ravages the land killing millions of innocents".

9. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot

I hope it will be like a mini sim city game in UO! That would rock, but i think im setting my expectations too high there lol. :p