1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nightstalker Looking to join Factions!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by nightstalker22, Apr 4, 2009.

1. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It is time! My training is going well. Where I woudn't have dared join months ago, I can no longer resist the urge now.

I ask you, the factioneers, which faction is best?

What are your membership numbers?

What are your policies?

What could a lowly thief expect from your faction, should he decide to join it?

*stealths away*

2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just pick one and go ahead and join. Remember it only takes 3 days to quit factions if you don't like it.

3. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I think true brittannians needs lat

4. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Id say its not so much about which is better, but rather who needs a thief. Id rather see someone join a perticualr faction to balance, or help keep balanced, over stacking one. Its better for all, if the odds are even.

5. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

I couldn't agree more... I had no intention of joining the largest faction, but rather the smallest one, which is why I asked about faction numbers.

I do have questions about factions though, I'm sure you all could answer this noob.

I understand the stat loss is temporary, but how much time? ( real time or played game time? )
    edit: And does the timer stack for multiple deaths?

Are all factions at war with one another, or are the two 'good' factions at war with the two 'evil' ones?

Does anyone have a good estimate of numbers for each faction?

Why does a faction need a thief except for scouting and trap disarming, does the sigil need to be stolen with stealing skill? ( this answer will really help me decide on which to join ).

Guards ignore faction battles ( and thefts ) in guard zones....correct?

I'm sure I will have more questions later...maybe there should be a faction sticky! :)

6. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

From what I know, here is what I can answer:

Stat loss (skill loss) is a real 20mins of game time. And it does not stack, but it will reset, so say you had 10 mins left on timer, and die again. Im pretty sure it goes back to 20 again (im new to it aswell)

All factions are at war with eachother.

The sigils need stealing of I believe 80pts

Guards do ignore orange battles.

7. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

They ignore orange battles but say an orange tries to steal from a non factioneer? I bet they'd respond then...lethally. :) Just something for you to think about.

8. Bruin

Bruin Guest

15 minutes for first death in a day, 20 minutes second death and thereafter - real played game time.

All factions are at war with each other.

Check out the uo.com guild page and factions page for Siege, should give you a good idea.

Sigil needs to be stolen by a thief and taken back to home base.

Correct

9. Turtle

Turtle Guest

LOW is CoM
    TNT and KOC are Minax *laughs*
    Some KOC cowards are CoM also *laughs*
    WCB and JSV are TB

So you'll have to decide who you like the least or best and go that faction I suppose. You can take a look at numbers here:
    http://town.uo.com/factions/factions_13.html

Also if you have any question I wouldn't take the word of these people since there have already been wrong answers in this thread. Just look it up on your own here or on Stratics:

http://www.uoguide.com/Main_Page

10. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

No mention of Shadowlords, they must be the weakest.

Do you kill "KOC cowards" on sight, or do you honour the fact that they are in your faction?

Guild first or faction first?

I noticed upon reading that I would have to quit my current guild THIEF[^_^] to join factions... :| lame.

They are forcing Factions over Guild.

Does faction have faction chat as guilds have guild chat?

Does 2D version have a friends list as I think KR does?
    Guild isnt important if you can friend chat with former guildmates.

11. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You should speak with Cash. He is putting together a fun group of guys (many of the TDO folks included) for the Shadow Lords and could probally use a good thief for sigils.

12. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

A 'good thief' I am not! * evil grin *

I'm not even a decent thief... sigh* It will be a while ( 3 or 4 days of dedicated training ) before I could even steal a sigil. ( only 71 or so stealing currently ).

Only problem is:

I will have to quit my current guild to join factions.
    I will join solo, without a guild ( so there will be no option to guild chat with me...will only be able to party me ).
    I dont use UO Assist ( as I feel that is 'cheating' a bit ).
    I don't use vent. Communications will be difficult with me if I did steal the sigil.

I am leaning towards Shadow Lords... though I do like the proximity and convenience ( bank and green gate to Serpents Hold ) of TB Faction.

13. Selan

Selan Guest

Just curious, how come? Can't you do all the same stuff with the built in UO macros? Just easier to set up in UOA.

Don't judge me. j/k

14. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

I don't know what you can do with it...I've never installed it.

I do know it gives advantages over non users, though none illegal.

If it were possible, I would run around with 'dark nights' selected in the options, where I would be forced to use a torch or night sight, or some other means of lighting... But that would put me at a HUGE disadvantage, as NOBODY else would use that option. I've tried walking around my house in the dark with dark nights on...couldnt find my way around, except for the glow of my 18 soul stones :D ( dont judge me ) ;)

I frown upon Vent too, as it also gives advantages that not everyone can enjoy.... but that is my play style, I dont make judgements about it...just real cheaters who crash my client when they die, walk through walls, speed hack...etc...

UO Assist has really messed up the economy on other shards, as I understand it can chop wood or gather resources for you, drop them in a pile on the floor to make room for more in your backpack, rinse and repeat. It can recall/gate you to other resources, all while you are gone at work.

15. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, if it does all that, I certainly am missing out. I don't know how to make it do any of those things :(

16. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a different scripting program. The UOA is tightly monitored by EA/Mythic. It used to do more for you then it does now. But really having pre-recorded macros for things like mining so you hit a button and use a shovel in your pack, then target. Or for making cotton into thread, then into cloth is nice.

17. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

I stand corrected, thank you.

I don't have a problem with mining with in game macros.

Double-click shovel, select target, then hold down macro button until ore is depleted.
    Just put the shovel in an inner bag so it doesnt get covered with ore.

In game macros are fine.