1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ninja

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by mcrowe1082, Mar 24, 2010.

1. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

training ninja on my thief and can't seem to gain got to 53.1 and spent an hour doing animal form just to get a .1 gain that is almost expected when working a skill past 100 but at 53 i would expect it to go a lot faster. any advice on getting it to go a little faster?

2. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

Re: Templates Post Them Here

I switch to shadow jumping around 60, but the minimum skill is 50. If your hide and stealth are high enough you could try that.

You might also still get some gains with weapon focus too.

You also didn't mention what animal form you were trying, perhaps switching to the next highest skill level will garner the gains you seek.

Q

PS I moved your other post since this is a duplicate and it will probably get more attention as a seprate thread.

3. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Get 4/6 casting. Set a uo macro to...
    cast mirror image
    select nearest mobile
    attack last

Go somewhere with no animals/players/NPCs around and just hold the macro down. It will train you to 75. From there, put on a ninja jewel to put you at 85+ and just death strike a cat in trammel while unguilded.

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have never tried this, but some swear by it-
    go attack a satyr. Get discorded, and train skills while they are low.

5. A Rev

A Rev Guest

You can also record a UOA macro to cast spell [shadow jump] target [a location] wait however long your recovery time is and repeat on a new location.

Then just hit the button it will shadow jump to the spots [make sure its in a circle otherwise you wont be able to reach the next target when you fizzle or run outta mana]

Works really well, faster than mirror imaging.

Satyr also works very well.

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

That has never really worked well for me. Too many other monsters around there attacking me.

7. mcrowe1082

mcrowe1082 Guest

they trick with the satyr works great but i have negative karma so can't really go to spirit without getting killed :( but have used that on several skills like picking and carto and worked great.

so far i can only do up to the giant serpent and bullfrog for animal form so been working those pretty steadily but still not gaining shadow jump seems to be working some but at only 54 ninja so i fail a lot but guess it is my only option
    thx for advice everyone

8. Czernobog

Czernobog Guest

You can try spamming Mirror Image. I think somone already mentioned this. It isn't particularly fast but it will get the job done.

9. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Alright - I have made it to 88.1 Ninjitsu, but I can't seem to gain from this point on. I got to the 88.1 by following the suggestions in this post, but now I am stuck. I even stoned on Ninjitsu to a character with less than 300 total points. I figured I would try the Death Strike method on a pet, unguilded, in Trammel. No luck I kill the animal every time. I tell it to guard me, then use death strike and in 1 or 2 hits I kill the thing. I tried this out on other characters and it works fine, but they are all bonded pets, does this make the difference?

What am I missing here? Any suggestions?

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

When I was training, every now and again I'd get a gain from stars or darts. If you are farming, use them as much as possible, to see if you get a gain. I play siege, so at 70 I always got gains. On GL, where I started, it was so long ago I cant recall with any certainty. I remember using mirror image and death strike a lot. I also, now that I think about it, remember some area where I had to use backstab or surprise attack, or focus, it seems. Sorry I cant help more.