1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Niter Before and After Publish 69

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by ziggy29, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The release notes for Publish 69 claim that the chance to find niter deposits has been increased. Most people I know believe that's bogus, and I concur.

Geek that I am, I've kept statistics on my saltpeter production per hour of using the luck statue. My luck has been constant and these results all come from mining the same area of the Abyss. I get my fire beetle, touch the luck statue (1326 luck total for an hour) and go to my mining site. I note the amount of saltpeter I get out of it and saved to a spreadsheet.

I have over 15 hour-long sessions completed both before and after Publish 69. Results are:

BEFORE PUB 69

Number of hour-long mining sessions: 23
    Min/Average/Max Saltpeter Obtained: 487/917/1681
    Median Saltpeter Obtained in an Hour: 884

AFTER PUB 69

Number of hour-long mining sessions: 16
    Min/Average/Max Saltpeter Obtained: 0/508/1044 (yes, that's ZERO one time)
    Median Saltpeter Obtained in an Hour: 466

Unless there was a change to the particular location I'm mining in as a result of the publish, this seems backwards to me. But it has been a fairly constant experience that wherever I mine -- dungeons *or* on a boat -- my saltpeter production is down substantially with Publish 69.

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm interested now in you doing exactly the same process you were using and not using your luck suit or any luck.

-Lorax

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I go mining with 2600+ luck and easily exceed 1000 saltpeter per hour.