1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Niter Really?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Faux Pas, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

What is the secret of mining niter? My Gargoyle miner the problem? He has 1078 luck, 100 mining skill, mines from boat, finds no niter. Please give me some help.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

do you have the high seas expansion? not positive but think you have to have it?

I mine in caves for mine like haven and have not tried the boat mining

3. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Yeas Storm I have the expansion, you say I can find it in caves also? I hope so cause boat mining is a pain. Finally found some just now. Thxs for the reply. Can you tell me what to do with it after mining it. Make gunpowder?

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

here ya go try this link
    Cannons

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Saltpeter can be mined from niter deposits in dungeons or from boats. Only miners with high luck can find these deposits which can occur in 5 different sizes. Once found the miner must mine the deposit until it is consumed. The niter will decay if not mined when found.

6. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Ahh dungeons, not just any old cave, correct? Thxs again for your help!

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I have not tested this but my belief is if its a cave that you walk in and out of without moving to the dungeon server then it wont work !
    like there are some caves that you dont refresh the screen for ! hope that makes sense

8. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

clearly stated thxs