1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No City Governors for Siege

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hoffs, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I could have cared less that Siege didn't get the Despise revamp, but now it seems that we are going to be missing out on a major new system. Apparently, the City Governors thing just added to TC is not coming to Siege because there are problems in bringing it to Felucca and we lack the redesigned Castle Blackthorn. As this is something they are planning on iterating upon over time, this will get increasingly annoying.

*sighs* I'm sure that there will be no problems bringing the new armour enhancements here. *rolls eyes*

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It is unfortunate. The first role playing sort of thing to really hit in a while...

3. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How can they do that to Siege. This is getting a little ridiculous that we keep being overlooked.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I am guessing it is the peculiar coding that is Siege.

5. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

WOW cant believe they are leaving us out like this. How lame that they keep designing stuff and purposly leaving us out. again

6. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'm totally shocked that we would be left out... :rolleyes:

Really tho, pretty sad. We need to change our motto to "The Ignored Ones"

7. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

I think they should make a trammel on Siege (then change to Fel rule set)
    Double the castle space!

8. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

That figures. Well at least we won't have to worry about Ander becoming Grand Poobah of Cove.

Tjalle likes this.
  9. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I'm thankful that our shard has people that can inform those of us that don't have the time we used to to keep up on things like this. That being said, now I'm very upset at this blatent disregard, and/or lack of respect, that the powers-to-be showing us. Why is it that the developers so long ago, give us this shard and then continue to look the other way when it come to developing Siege (Mugen included i suppose even though Siege has been here years before Mugen)? When Siege was created the thought was when characters have had enough of trammel they could try Siege "The Hard Shard", for veteran players. Now, if this was supposed to be for veterans of the game, then why is it we continue to be left out? I would like an explanation from someone in the front office on this...If Siege isn't quite what they had planned, then they outta come out and say "hey, we f'd up on Siege, sorry". *shakes head* I've personally carried no less than 4 characters on Siege since the beginning and have had multiple accounts since UO started. Shame on me that it took this long to see the light...but now that i have, I'm going to be making some changes of my own. I've got plenty of other things i could do, with an extra $30 bucks in my pocket :) Thanks developers, your loss is now my gain :p

#9 Sir Morder, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  10. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Yeah this is nothing but a load of BS. Yet another thing we get screwed on! :mad: Seriously though did they even think of Siege at all while developing this? And speaking of which I wonder why we never got the updated Blackthorn Castle. Just because we are felucca only I guess.. Still seems dumb. We miss out on yet another major change and this time unlike the Despise changes where they were able to compromise I donlt see how they could do that with this system. We just donlt get anything.

#10 chise2, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  11. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

Actually. . . I have a question and a theory. The question - are faction towns only in Fel on other shards? If so, then that would explain it.

The theory: Kinda hard to have faction towns with a City Governor set up if the town might change hands at any time.

I have no clue if this guess of mine is accurate, but it's my best guess.

Tazar likes this.
  12. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman

Mugen has a "tram" with fel rules....

13. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Jesus. Why can they not take the little bit of extra planning time it would take to make **** work on both fel and tram so that we and people who live in fel don't get pointlessly screwed out of this kind of thing.

It's like they don't even try sometimes.

Vortex and chise2 like this.
  14. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Possible I suppose. But I seem to recall that "doesn't work in Fel" was also the explanation for us not having the updates to Despise.

15. Tazar

Tazar Guest

That actually makes sense to me. The addition of the Despise revamp conflicts with the champ spawns in fel... and the addition of the Town Council system could conflict with the faction system. If not from a game mechanics standpoint - at least from a RP/image standpoint. If the faction controls the town - what is the town council doing?

16. chise2

chise2 Sage

Still its pretty lame that we get left out of a major content addition yet again! I mean how many more will it be? Will we get any of the upcoming dungeon revamps or will those be made for Tram only too? I am just sick and tired of paying the same 15 dollars a month everyone else does and being treated like crap because I play on Siege.

#16 chise2, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  17. chise2

chise2 Sage

Yeah nothing was said about Factions that I saw.

18. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

I've had a char on Mugen forever sorta and its just wierd playing there with the trammel/fel deal the way it is set up - I can't really describe it better than that after hanging here on Siege.

Jack Nickelson

19. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Pardon my ignorance, but don't they have champ spawns in Fel on prodo shards? Didn't they solve that issue there?

20. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

they only put the Despise change in Tram on prodo shards. they left Fel Despise alone

21. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

S.S.D.D.---well this will take some time to sink in but , come on man!! get it together!! Of all the new content I was anticipating, this is something ive been holding my breath for, worked for, spent gold for,,and most important of all is the VISCOUNT TITLE!!! that is in my name from the very beggining of creation :( :O ]:x . and of all the servers and greatest players to ever don a deathrobe.....to forgett about SP is ....well ...sad 0!!
    TO THE ehhem,...DEVELOPERS!!!
    WE DESSERVE SOME SORT OF CONSIDERATION FOR OUR LVL OF LOYALTY TO THIS FRANCHISE AND ITS "VETERAN/ELITE" PLAYERS WHO MISS OUT ON MANY OF THE THINGS THE "OTHER" SERVERS GET!!! THINK OF SIEGE FOR ONCE AND **** THE RULES IN-GAME! wE CAN HANDLE WHATEVER YOU THROW AT US!! FRICKIN SIEGE ON!!!!

22. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

23. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I'm emailling when I get home. please keep them respectful.

24. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Hate to say it, but no matter what we say its not gonna happen. Just like the despise revamp.

25. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Hummm kinda reminds me of 4 lil lines from the movie >>>Independence Day: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive!". Yep a lil grandiose in the drama department. (hehe) But, maybe by emailing and at least giving voice our dismay. Might enlighten them to the fact that, Siege truely still has a fighting pulse. Maybe they would quit shoveling the dirt on top on us thinking us dead! Maybeeeeeee...,

I have e-mailed Messana!

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!