1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No FAQ Friday on the Herald?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by canary, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canary

canary Guest

Post title says it all.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Meh, from what I've been seeing most, if not all the questions in the faq are taken straight from the Ask the Devs forum. I am pretty sure all of them have been coming from that forum though.

Edit: Additionally there has been only one new question there since the last faq.

3. canary

canary Guest

Still, you would think that, you know, they'd actually try to spend the 20 minutes to put one together, seeing as pretty much everyone under the sun has stated how bad they've been at putting out a weekly post just to answer things. They only made it a month and a half with this before getting sidelined...?

Not good. And definitely not professional (imo).

4. Babble

Babble Guest

Maybe soon ?

5. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

We got the fiction explaining WTF is up on Magincia two weeks after the quest went live. And this isn't the first time in the last few months the 'FAQ' has been MIA.

While I don't like the lackadaisical way in which they post things to the UO Herald, I can't honestly say I'm shocked by the turn of events. No, not shocked at all.

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Maybe they all went to happy hour, once there, it's like screw 'em, they'll get over it.

7. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

With their current track record, Im amazed that this surprises anyone that has played this game for an extensive amount of time.

I mean hell they just did all this stuff..

Aka..

*Release High Seas*
    Devs : "Now Go get that fishing scroll!"

4 Weeks Later..
    Devs : "Uhh, Yeah, its been broken this whole time, and we were somehow unaware of it (50 Posts a Day wasnt enough to get their attention), so uhh.."

Random Dev Note : " If you like dont it then feel free to stop providing me with the income that supports myself and my family in the form of 'Not Playing it' "

A Dev is telling his player base to "**** Off", "New Content" isnt being fixed for a Month (When it Should of been fixed before release considering we are BUYING it [Generally I dont expect a product to be Riddled with Malfunctions, bugs, and Complete asshatery, If I am paying for it]), and the overall population dwindles daily..

A Sad time for UO it seems.

8. Amren

Amren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah. I can't help but wonder what's not going to be answered and what questions would of been dodged today.

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well there's the bright side! No need to wonder, the answer is everything :p

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

And did we ever expect them to keep up with the Facts?????? Silly you, if you did.

11. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The communication is poor and most of their work is poor.

12. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

As a famous Devs said for UO: "Don't like it don't play it" :lol:

I can only imagine what was the sales for High Seas because i know a lot of peolple who didn't buy this "booster".

13. canary

canary Guest

Well, any profit from it is just that... profit.

It essentially was just a big patch. And it didn't require extra resources in the way that a full fledged expansion does.

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

[youtube]rmkNCpfgQzI[/youtube]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.