1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

NO Ghost pirates on new booster

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tane Darkbane, Aug 29, 2010.

1. I hope there are- there was no mention of them in the notes i read

You need ghost ships and ghost pirates to make it feel really piratey

especially if you name one Lechuck
  2. Fat Lip

Fat Lip Guest

That is awesome! I'd love to have ghost ships in UO. One other thing would be neat if we could commendeer ships and sell them for profit (from players, and NPCS).
  3. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Don't worry I'm sure some of the PvP guilds will have their version of "ghost" ships if the high seas become a hit in Felucca.
  4. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 19, 2008
    Aye - I suspect I will be spending a fair amount of time as a ghost pirate on my very own ghost ship! Not by design mind you, but due to too much rum and perhaps lack of skill!
  5. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Ghost ships should only come up at night. But night only lasts 20 minutes (a UO day is 1 hour 40 minutes day, 20 minutes night). So I guess it would be better if they also showed up 10 minutes before dusk and 10 minutes after dawn. That gives you 40 minutes to find them.
  6. Fink

Fink Guest

Heralded by a green flash on the horizon? :eek:
  7. Babble

Babble Guest

Just kill a pirate and you have a ghost pirate?
  8. Adder_Atl

Adder_Atl Guest

Hmm.. what about this...in the demo they showed Orcs.. but I assume there would be other ships piloted by say Evil Mages, Brigand Archers, etc.

What if at night the ship's crew transformed into Skeletal Mages, Skeletal Knights.. etc.

Sorta like the Pirates of the Carribean (Black Pearl)

Just my 2gp
  9. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

Yep, ghost ships and ghost pirates would definitely
    Add to the experience!
  10. Babble

Babble Guest

Then Disney might send a cease and desist letter to EA.
    They have their own game with such pirates and 3 movies!