1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No Moongate on Haven

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by kantoska, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kantoska

kantoska Guest

So I have spent an hour trying to find the moongate on haven, but cant seem to find one!! Help?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Petra, I have a question. You're using Automap, right?

how on earth did you get the most recent map of Haven? Mine still shows the old occlo map.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Some people did corrected files for UOAM, since the creator no longer supports it.

If you search around, you can find them, but we haven't been able to get "yes" or "no" answer as to their legality (the most important part of it is a simple hex-edit or two of the UOAM program, but such changes are against the letter of the UO Pro license that UOAM operates under, though well within the spirit intended for the program). The actual location markers on the map, though, are perfectly legit (so if one wanted to, one could change the markers in UOAM with the old map - just overlayed on old Haven so that the terrain no longer matches).

5. Petra Fyde

The maps are ok to have, it's the actual '.exe' that isn't.
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.jones27/NewHaven.zip

contains a text file with the markers and a series of .bmp files with the maps.

Edited: replaced zip file.

Sorry all :( replaced the file, and tested it this time!

6. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I get errors when trying to decompress them. :(

I'd love to have updated maps though. Maybe I'll search around for them later.

7. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the .zip.

Thanks for the links, Petra!

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

IIRC, the changes to the .exe were to allow UOAM to build the maps from the UO folder, using the new map names/locations.

So, if you get the maps from a zip like that, make sure to never have UOAM "rebuild" the Trammel map.

9. Petra Fyde

Those files are from my pc. I apologise for the screwed up zip file. I've now replaced it.

10. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So where do we extract these? The UOAM folder or a UO folder? Thanks for posting the .zip!

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

put them in the uoam folder

12. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

Is there an easy way to edit the file so that the old points no longer show? I have both the old and new Haven points on my map. Also is there a file that adds the names and points to the Tokuno Islands?

Thanks

13. Petra Fyde

14. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

15. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I can't seem to get this to work. I've downloaded Petra's files, as well as the ones from Fileplanet and extracted them into my UOAM folder. The New Haven labels will show up fine, and the common.map works great to get rid of the old labels, but it's still the same (wrong) map. I've followed FilePlanet's instructions to go into the Trammel map settings and click ok to rerender the maps but still no good. The actual bmp files are displaying the correct (new) New Haven... UOAM just doesn't display them.. it still displays the old map files (which were overwritten by the new ones.) Any suggestions? Thanks!