1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No posts about the fancy new patch screen?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Risso, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

UHall, I am ashamed.

2. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I was actually just coming in here to complain about it.
    1. It doesn't fit inside the patcher's window anymore. I hate horizontal scrollbars.
    2. A more effective use of space in the "Patch Notes" section would be to eliminate the "Ultima Online" header and un-indent everything below it. Telling me that the Ultima Online patch notes in the Ultima Online patcher are for Ultima Online is the very definition of redundant.
    3. The UOGameCodes picture is all horizontally stretched out. Not very visually appealing.
    4. The EA footer would look better if it went all the way across the bottom instead of just petering out and revealing the grey background on either side.

3. HEY... I like it! Good information right where we need it, when a new patch pops in. Hopefully this will be easier for EA/Mythic to keep updated.

4. I am somewhere between shaking my head and giggling. Who makes a window that you cannot resize that contains information that won't fit inside it?

Come on guys...

5. Thangorodrim

Thangorodrim Guest

Perhaps there are local issues?

I have no horizontal scroll bars or bogus stretching, the content is not occluded, and the window is resizable.

The patch notes frame seems rather cramped.

Its an improvement, especially if, in contrast to its current function, the patch screen starts being frequently updated with useful information.

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:confused:

can make my patcher screen any size I want, thought everyone could

and I do agree the logo at the bottom of the screen could use some love

7. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I can resize it all I want, but the idea here is that I shouldn't have to. The content should be the correct variable size to begin with.

Besides, every time you reopen the patcher, it goes with the default size - which doesn't correspond to the content's size.

8. Zodia

Zodia Guest

As this is brand new, I am sure they are working out some bugs.

I also think it would be nice to have it sized properly horizontally as the default, so I don't have to do it each time.

Also, as someone else said the "Ultima Online" at the top of the patch notes should be taken away as the large ULTIMA ONLINE is right above it.

These should be simple fixes -- overall looks good. Keep up the good work, devs.
    :thumbsup:

9. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Sizing/spacing issues aside, the new layout seems to be including some much needed features. It's an overall improvement on what it was yesterday. Not sure it's an improvement on what it used to be.

But, no announcements?

Is not the Treasures of Tokuno event underway?
    Are there not Shadowlords roaming the lands?
    Isn't there a Stygian Abyss beta to sign up for?

10. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I just realized that the new patch screen is optimized for a...different patcher.

So the problem then isn't the patch screen, it's the patcher.

...However, that point about the "Ultima Online" header still stands.

11. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

This new patcher does use technology of the new client. It has shiny new buttons and is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to update. :)

12. HillBilly

HillBilly Guest

QFT!

13. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I refuse to post about the new patch screen until we have Undergarment Dye Tubs with Animal Print Capabilities. Wait a second, I just posted a post in a thread pertaining to the new patch screen...

Son of a... :wall:

14. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

bout time its been updated!

15. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie

I haven`t actually seen a patch screen in many years. It`s all white for me, probably because of some settings in the browser. Any screenshots of this new screen?

16. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah it is resizable .....

To bad it doesn't save the new size :(

17. This is what I am referring to. Sorry for not being more clear. Meth is a hell of a drug. :)