1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No rez places?

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by crystal_blood, Sep 26, 2009.

1. The seed from the Sapling is driving me nuts. One chance? It's too big of a dungeon to get one chance - you will probably die on your way back to your body. And I like to do things on my own, so if something gets too big and hairy for me, I die. Normally I can get out of the situation with Gm Running (hehe) but overall it's just insane.

I suggest time limits instead? Maybe seeds with three different levels. The first level can be 15 minutes, the second can be 30 or 45, and the third can be an hour. Seeds will be selected at random to be placed in a player's backpack when the dbl-click the tree.

Probably nobody will pay attention to that...

Anywho, perhaps an anhk in the champ areas (the big champs, not the mini-champs) to rez from. The Underworld is fairly small, easy to get to your body unless you ended up being a victim to the spiders, in which case you're just out of luck. :thumbdown: But the Abyss itself is HUGE. Too big to run anywhere in a matter of minutes to get your body without the risk of being killed again.

Enough suggesting, it's falling on dead ears. Anyone know a rez spot past where the Slasher is? I happen to like the fairy dragons, and letting their "summoned" enemies do all the work while I sit around and loot stuff.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The fountain in Underworld also rez people.

3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The seed takes your body to the res-point, so you don't have to run back to it.

Personally, the seed approach works very nice with my playstyle where I often set a character aside for a while after a death.

4. Lilweezybaby

Lilweezybaby Guest

There are ankh's in the big champ areas...If they work..I don't know cuz i havent died at a spawn yet. Plus if you do die you could always use the stuck option get ressed and roll back there before your body decays. I like the new areas...I just wish we could use some kind of rune marking system there. Beginning to be like WoW having to run everywhere.

5. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The sapling itself will also res you if you run up to it.

6. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

stygian dragon spawn has an ankh in it so you may die at your liesure while fighting it:party: hehehehehhe and try it again and again:party:

7. maroite

maroite Guest

You can run out of the abyss and into Ter Mur, just use the portal to get beyond the energy fields and fire walls. Going back in just say "ord" while standing RIGHT next to the west fire and "an ord" next to the east.

8. Tyranissa Wrath

Tyranissa Wrath Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It seems to be a situation where a special version of rune-marking might be called for - you can only get a rune for a particular "way-point" by way of a quest. For added fun and replay value, the "rune" you get could be randomised, and maybe could only be used within The Abyss...?

9. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The tombstone by the cannons room entrance from fire island also rezs.

Fountain and Silver tree already mentioned, anyone else found others?

Stygian Drag anhk only available if your inside battling it, not usable if you have died elsewhere outside of champ spawn area I believe

10. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There is also an ankh inside the medusa champ spawn in teh very back of the room. But again, only useful when actually in the spawn.

Sacrifice is your friend here :)

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and gift of life

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think I better take my thief out for a while, gem of salvation might be handy to have.

13. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*makes mental note to never, ever dare make a comment suggesting solo players needing a res*