1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No Skills Listed in Character's SKILLs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jade of Sonoma, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This has never happened to me in all of my 16 plus years of playing UO. A character for my oldest account on Sonoma, has NO SKILLS listed. The Skill menu shows numbers for real/caps but no actual skills; just a blank page. Has anyone else encountered this problem recently?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

do you have the''new group'' button option to create a new group name of skill? if Yes try creating one they should all appear in there

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  3. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you Quickblade. I didn't think to try that.

Instead .. when a very good advisor appeared in front of me at the Luna Bank, I asked him about the problem I was having. Since I hadn't looked into EA files and Users for a long time, and since my son had put those files in different locations on new computers, I couldn't find them.

Later I finally found the UO files EA files with user files and my characters on Sonoma. I had been told to delete those files then log-in to the game with the characters and the SKILLS would appear. Then I did all that, and it worked. The blank SKILLS pages were now showing all the skills again. Can't understand it but did it anyhow and it worked. :)

4. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

same thing happened to me last nite. not only that but all the macros in my c: game folder were erased, i.e. totally blank with not even the default ones.

5. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Last time that happened to me, it fixed itself once I started gaining skill points again. No idea what caused it, very strange glitch.

6. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If it happened to me, then when I died I could say it was because I had no skill. No, really!

Captn Norrington likes this.