1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No Support for paying customers at all from Broadsword?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tame Misha, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

Hello
    i am really a patient person. but now even my patience has ended. 2 weeks ago i discovered a problem with an old guild i am leader of, that could not solve. It seems to be a bug. So I called an advisor. He tried a lot but failed to save the problem. He said, he would pass it on to a GM. But best he said, would be to write to Mesanna. ... the result: no GM ever came or contacted me, even after several hours. no answer this time from Mesanna, even after a seocnd mail. So I tried again several times to call a GM but none came, even after hours of waiting. just got a few mails that my "bug report" will be passed on the bug team....what a great help....
    even on free shards the support is better than this...they have a support for players. did Broadsword stop the support completly?

Misha

Spock's Beard likes this.
  2. mghtyshark

mghtyshark Adventurer

Welcome to the wonderful world of UO ...... Maybe you can follow up your post with a little insight into your issue so that maybe one of the older players/poster encounter it in the past and already know the answer to it. However, I am not a Moderator so I am not sure if it is allow to post any issues on the forums for other players to assist.

3. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

Maybe that's what Messana meant in the "state of UO". They must have stolen the support department as well :devil:

Uriah Heep likes this.
  4. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Well when you only have 8 players to deal with it's a lot easier lol

5. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

6. Capt. Lucky

There's a lot of bad links. Was just trying to help, and comment ;) *Bows with grand flourish*

Tame Misha likes this.
  7. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

the technical problem seems to be a guild, that is not active anymore. It shows up, when i serach for guilds mine has a realtionship with. I cannot do anything with it, cannot remove it or change anything. The status with that guild is peace. but is it "hanging" somehow. Also with all other guilds mine is in peace. but when an alliance tries to invite my guild they get the message that mine is in war.
    the other problem wich i discoverd not the first time, that there are no GM...

8. Capt. Lucky

Oh I suspect Mesanna might be away for Christmas. She typically is VERY good about answering problems. I've been rather surprised at the level of service I've gotten with problems, better than back in the day. Hang in there...

9. Capt. Lucky

Can you "I resign from my guild" and make a new one? Only guild thing I know ;)

10. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

i would, but there are old members i don't wanna lose. and they are not playing atm. so that is not an option for me.

11. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

that is true, she helped me a while ago with another problem and was very nice. no answer at all was a suprise to me too. but it is now 2 weeks..

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  12. Capt. Lucky

Well if all else fails try killing yourself, lol. Seems to work for a lot of things ;)

Gidge and Smoot like this.
  13. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

You are talking about in-game, right?

14. Capt. Lucky

After I posted it I wondered if I'd hear about that, lol.

15. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

STOP BULLYING!!! :danceb:...la

Tame Misha and Capt. Lucky like this.
  16. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if your guild is not currently in an alliance, maybe try forming your own alliance and then leaving it? it might kick the glitch and let you accept alliance invitations (don't know if there's a waitng period for things like that)

Tyrath and azmodanb like this.
  17. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Tried that one time with a guild on Atl, chars on 3 of my accts. resigned em all, gave uup the guild, and when I tried to recreate the guild was told that name is already in use...for days.

Finally just gave up and made a different name with different abbr.

18. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You haven't gotten out much I take it to see how many players enjoy proper customer service and new content on these non subscription shards :)

Spiritless and Lord Nabin like this.
  19. Capt. Lucky

My personal experience with customer support has been excellent. Considering it's the holidays and the bizarre nature of the problem I could see where there could be some issues. Plus the OP doesn't want to do the basics of fixing the problem in order to keep people on the rooster that may never even play again, lol. Which I find a little odd honestly. It kinda sounds like it would take someone who really knows what their doing who is interested in spending a lot of time on something the poster could realistically deal with themselves, and that support person could be home enjoying the holidays. The issue isn't game stopping and rather bizarre... so it's a strange situation. I'm not sure there's a fix that meets the customers narrow focus on what they find acceptable. But at any rate there's always an exception to any rule but I've had excellent support on issues that I couldn't honestly handle myself. Oh and as far as I'm concerned free shards are a joke. If you like them so much why are you here?

20. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

my guild is not in any alliance, so there is no alliance anme or gump

but thx

21. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

will try , thx :)

22. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I over heard that the Flu was rampant in the office over at Broadsword and with the christmas holliday just about to claim most ppl for travel its is safe to assume that your message will make it to our fearless leader. Give her time, if anything she will do her best to fathom out your delema.

23. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

I had something similar recently. We had a pending war request that was never answered. I used the advanced search and I believe it was either show guilds awaiting action or show guilds with relationship. A guild(s) should pop up in one of those search results. Click the guild(s) and then click decline(or cancel) war request.

Hope this solves your problem.

24. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

i wish i could do that. i get the guild under guilds i have a relationship, but there is nothing to do there. I can just declare war... as i am in peace with that guild...it is really strange

#25 Tame Misha, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  25. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

good luck getting any response.... 17 years and never had a dev/seer/gm reply to email from me, not even sun sword himself in the Beginning.

26. Tame Misha

Tame Misha Adventurer

thanks a lot!! one problem is, that the guild which probably causes the problem does not appear when I search for guilds awaiting action. It just appears when i search for guilds i am supposed to have a relationship with. The status of that guild just says peace and there is nothing i can do with that guild. That guild is dead for many years, so there is also also no one i could contact to check.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!