1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No Tamer, No Samurai or Mystic....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Frarc, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

But just a old warrior...​
    [​IMG]
    In Virtue armor and self made slayers and slayers from the Vesper Library...​
    [​IMG]
    He has been trained in the depths of the dungeons...​
    He took place where he belongs...​
    [​IMG]
    And with the help of all Virtues...​
    He proofed that nothing is impossible!​
    (Don't take it too serious)​

2. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Hey hey, my good old Largo is among Top-15!!!

3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Well done, well done! :)
    Good old fashioned warriors surely deserve some love.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Color me impressed.

Raider Red likes this.
  5. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

HUZZAH!

I on the other hand *looks at the bottom of the list* have a little work to do.

6. Sauteed Onion

This is awesome. Magery/Inscription/Evaluating Intelligence/Meditation/Resisting Spells/ Spellweaving here. I realize weaving isn't* "old school" but, that's what I run with.. still not a avid void pooler though, I'll go try it, this giving me motivation to see where I wind up.

*edited Is to isn't*

BeaIank and Eaerendil like this.
  7. sativa green

sativa green Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

hey now, trammel isn't old school!

8. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I only said, old warrior. :)

sativa green likes this.
  9. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

My mage is similar to yours, except that I use Focus instead of of Spellweaving for extra mana.
    I should hit the pool with her sometime.

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  10. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That char should do fine in fel with the correct weapons. I know that my similar builds would not have a issue with a single mage showing up. I guess it depends on the other stuff like stat set up, ep etc.

11. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I like that old school can do well, that's great encouragement to a lot of us.
    but like those who just say NO to an idea, w/o an explanation, yours was kinda lacking too.
    A few questions I ask are... so how long did all that take? die much? what were challenges you encountered? Were there any nuisance or irritating situations?
    and of course, Was it Fun?
    Thanks for sharing

12. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Well , i started when the publish came to the shards. :)
    I did some testing on TC before to see how it would go. Of course i died much, but thats not really a problem. The armor is blessed i only pay for my 5 weapons insurance. I also have my Virtues to self resurrect.

Took me a bit to have my hotbar set-up just the way i want it and so that its easy.

[​IMG]

F6 to F11 are the slayer weapons in the order the void pool spawns appear, like that i know what will be next too. I can switch fast between the slayers if i need too. Some monster are necromancers so i have to switch sometimes to a undead slayer too.
    4 is bandage self 6 is attack closes enemy, 7 is next enemy, 8 is yelling run! Sometimes is wise to retreat and run when it getting too much. its easier to have a key for it then i have to type it. 9 is Virtue of Honor and 0 is Virtue of sacrifice.
    1 and 2 are the weapons special moves. 3 is orange petals against poison.

Biggest challenge is to learn the weakness and strength of a spawn. Each group have monster you better kill first , even if they don't seem the strongest one.
    With undead i always go after the liches first. For eles i take the water eles first and then the vortexes. , on daemon i take Onis first, Repond i kill the archer first and with reptile i go for the covetous wyrm. My order is mostly to go after the necomancers first and then kill the ones that die fastest. I prefer to fight 2 strong ones then 10 weak ones. ;)

My biggest weakness is when there are too many spellcating monsters at ones.

I also carry the blade of insanity when my dexterity gets low. with this i can leach it back up to full in no time. its easier to parry like that.

And of course although i can handle a few waves alone i prefer to go with groups. I always have general chat and ally chat open and if people ask whats up i say we at the void pool. In no time to groups grow bigger and we can do more waves for more points.

All these works for how i play, there might be better ways but it works well for me and this character.

I know doing this with this kinda character makes it harder, i could use my tamer or archer or any of the other character but with Frarc the challenges are bigger to get this done. Besides I'm crazy to try things the harder wait then it can be done. But i can also show that you don't need uber items/weapons and armor or special skills to achieve something.

As a character template Frarc is nothing special. he just a old knight of Virtue.

If i don't find it fun i would not do it. :)

BeaIank and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  13. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Love it Great Job!

14. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

LOL. You're funny.

Snakeman likes this.
  15. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

In order to reach the top of the Void Pool status quo, you just need to stay there the longest. Doesn't mean you kill the most monsters, just means you spent more time sitting around there than anyone else.

Except that he wouldn't have the stam/mana regen with that build/suit to last more than 10 secs in PvP.

Raptor85 likes this.
  16. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

That is not true! Again, this is a half truth. When standing at the void pool and others kill the monsters, you get points for the Waves and points for the void pool to buy the items with but not killing any monster will give you 0 points for the leader board. :p

Look at this :

[​IMG]

There is a clear difference between the word Participation in battle, could mean healing, and Fight back.

But if people think you get on top of the ranking with just standing still and hidden at the void pool , please go ahead and try it.
    I can tell by a answer like that some people not did there research well. :p

Because if you said was true then if 10 people are at the void pool and 7 fight and 3 not, all 10 would get the same points but i'm pretty sure after each battle not any of the 10 have the same points for the leader board because they kill more or less monsters. They will get the same points for the waves.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  17. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

*makes macro for "RUN"*
    Perfect! I love it! I say that all the time although it's typically preceeded by "INCOMING!!!!!". :eek:

18. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL

19. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

There is 1 thing i would like to see and that is a way to actually see how far the damage is on the void pool walls itself. Right now its a guess how far it is damaged.

They could also have the ability to allow , let say someone with masonry skill, to slowly repair back the walls. Like this you could let players defend the crafter while he is fixing the walls and stretch the battle even longer. :)

Lady Arwen likes this.
  20. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Good idea!

21. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Good Job! I also use old school templates. Good to see someone else who doesn't use the "Easy" key.

22. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Thanks.​
    Sometimes, old timers ;) don't do that bad!​
    [​IMG]

Daga Taga likes this.
  23. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If I was on your shard, with my current score I'd be in 8th place.

Unfortunately, I'm on Atlantic, so I'm in like 35th.