1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

No Thorny Briars in Twisted Weald

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kafka72, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Kafka72

Kafka72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

WTH... spent a bit of time gathering a couple sets of the hard keys and now for last 45 minutes can't get a Thorny Briar. Other peeps and I looking all over the place. I wouldn't be suprised if somehow peeps can control their spawn. Even went looking down around the green areas and cave. Anyone know what's up with this? There's a peerless hogging guild in Twisted Weald too, coincidence?? :(

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The guild has nothing to do with it. There can be absolutely no one in there and there's still not any on the ground for me.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The thorny briar and blighted cotton respawn instantly when picked up for the first time, so there's no way to "hog" them. IF there's not any spawning, then there's a bug somewhere.

4. Kafka72

Kafka72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What a way to spend a Saturday night, waiting for these damn Thorny Briars to spawn. It's been an hour now and still no Thorny Briar! I could be watching paint dry, or water boil ya know!!

5. Kafka72

Kafka72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Here's my theory on Thorny Briars not spawning. What if someone picked one up, another one spawns right. OK, person puts the one he just picked up back on ground and somehow the world thinks it spawned another one. So the person picks that one back up again but somehow it doesn't register as one missing since it's been picked up twice now. Person moves on to the newly spawned one. Rinse and Repeat until there's none spawning for the duration of their timer. Man this is some BS.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

doesn't work that way - it respawns the second the last one leaves the ground, so the new one arrives before the old one even hits your pack, or the ground again - I've watched it happen.

You need to page a GM, or submit a bug report.

7. Kafka72

Kafka72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Finally got a Thorny Briar. Thanks for wasting another hour and 1/2 of my life UO, thanks a lot!!

8. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You cloulda just logged off...? I mean it is something that obviously needs to be looked into and is a problem... but...

9. HuserMama

HuserMama Guest

Seriously....sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder.