1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Sacrifice Spell Change?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I admit I don't play paladin characters very often and when I do, I usually rez other characters with bandages; however, I could swear that casting Noble Sacrifice used to be pretty rough on the casting character. They lost almost all their hit points, mana, and dex.

I just now accidentally cast the spell on my archer on Origin and noticed that all it did was take a small amount of her mana. Cast it again with the same result.

Has it always worked this way and I'm just thinking of a different spell, or did this actually change??

2. Fink

Fink Guest

I don't think it redlines you unless you have a valid target within range, now.

3. kentuckyjoe

kentuckyjoe Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Noble Sacrifice will only drop your HP and Stamina if there are pets or other people around you. If nobody is there, then it only drops your Mana the required amount to cast the spell.

I love having high Compassion with my Chiv characters. It's nice to be able to res a bunch of people with some life and stuff so they aren't Res-kill bait:)

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I was once tanking at the Doom gate (back when it was possible, and before the rise of the Sampire made most doomers solo artists), being healed by a person behind me, when a series of unfortunate events dropped most the people at the gate. I hit Noble Sacrifice while still tanking the DF, ressed 6-8 people to 80% HP with knight of sacrifice, and somehow lived.