1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Non Active Guild Abvs/Names

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Tia, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Tia

Tia Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With the shortage of good guild abvs/names avalible to ACTIVE ACCOUNT players, i think that ppl whose accounts are no longer active or have been banned etc, their guild should also DECAY like their homes do when it is non active, making the guild abv/names avalible again to those ppl who do pay for their subscriptions..

2. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I totally agree with this

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What I'd prefer to see is the guildstone passing down to the next highest ranked player if the leader went away, otherwise folks can lose guilds simply because the GM is inactive.

Though I'm in two minds about this, because I wouldn't like to see a guild fall into the wrong hands and, for example try to pretend they were the old guild to get into a RP group and do some PKing. It wouldn't be the first time that kind of thing has happened unfortunately.

Wenchy

4. Out of Date

Out of Date Guest

I would only agree if there was also a second option where you could pay slightly more for an abbrevation that did not decay. I've got several accounts with characters holding some (in my oppinion) nifty abbrevations. I don't think it's fair that I should have to 'refresh' them. I've used several of them on occation and I still expect to find situations where I will use more of them.

Just be more creative ;)

I've also had luck in buying guild names and abbrevations from other (inactive) users.
    Just banksit long enough. eventually someone will come along who know someone who know someone...

Banned accounts however; agree =)